Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLSL IR To TGSI Translator Ready To Be Merged Into Mesa

Phoronix: GLSL IR To TGSI Translator Ready To Be Merged Into Mesa

Back in April we reported on the ambitious project by a lone, independent developer to write a GLSL IR to TGSI translator for Mesa that wouldn't involve using Mesa's crufty IR. This work would also be a stepping-stone to GLSL 1.30 support in Mesa, which is needed for OpenGL 3.0 support in this critical free software project. Today the developer is reporting that he believes this translator is ready to be merged into Mesa...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Woah. That guy actually delivered? Someone hire him.

Comment

Great job!

OK, that's it - the man gets a gold star!

Comment

Benchmark or didn't happen

Comment

Yay, kudos to the guy! These ventures are usually "Hey guys, I've just started programming and I'm going to make a Vi clone, it's going to be rad, excellent and have lots of great features! I haven't written any code yet, but I'm about to start. It's going to be great!". But it seems like this guy delivered!

Code reviews are always great (that's one of the things that FOSS is about, right?) so it's going to be interesting to see what happens when the maintainers have a look at it.

OpenGL3.0 would be so sweet. It's definitely about time!

Comment

Will there be OGL 3.0?

I'm sure that if focused OGL 3.0 can be acomplished, but have all legal problems been resolved, or bypassed?

Maybe some small Phoronix article, about state of implementing newest OGL's i Mesa?
            Like who is working on it, what have been done, what are milestone targets, legal problems, etc.
            Last edited by przemoli; 16 June 2011, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by przemoli View Post
              I'm sure that if focused OGL 3.0 can be acomplished, but have all legal problems been resolved, or bypassed?

Maybe some small Phoronix article, about state of implementing newest OGL's i Mesa?
              Like who is working on it, what have been done, what are milestone targets, legal problems, etc.
              +1. Michael, you have a very good grasp about what is going on in the Mesa camp, could you sum up what's to be done. Not only technically I mean, but just like above, also different issues.
              I've seen the feature matrix, but I can't find it now except http://wiki.x.org/wiki/RadeonFeature

Comment

This was done by Plombo, a poster here, right? Good work!

Anyway, the GL3.txt status file is always the best source for status updates: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt

The major thing missing for OpenGL 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 are GLSL 1.30, 1.40, 1.50 and 3.30, respectively.

The other stuff is mostly already in place. Actually, we're almost there, but GLSL is a bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  Benchmark or didn't happen
                  I totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                    This was done by Plombo, a poster here, right? Good work!

Anyway, the GL3.txt status file is always the best source for status updates: http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/tree/docs/GL3.txt

The major thing missing for OpenGL 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 are GLSL 1.30, 1.40, 1.50 and 3.30, respectively.

The other stuff is mostly already in place. Actually, we're almost there, but GLSL is a bitch.
                    Aah thanks, that's the one I was referring to in my post.

Comment

Working...
                    X