Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanL
    replied
    Where's the conclusion? I didn't really want to read through 6 pages..

Leave a comment:

• gilboa
    replied
    Michael,

Is PTS still self compiling the tested software?
    If so, have you considered adding, whenever possible the built in version to the mix?

- Gilboa

Leave a comment:

• AdamW
    replied
    As far as the disk performance discrepancy goes - did you test with SELinux enabled or disabled, on Fedora?

edit: you say 'out of the box', so I assume 'enabled'; it might be interesting to try with it disabled. Also it'd be interesting to know if you kept the OS default partitioning scheme (in which case the Fedora install would likely have an LVM layer the Ubuntu one would not.)

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    Well done Michael, I think that's one of the best benchmarking articles I've read on Phoronix ever

A good set of tests were picked, analysis was done on the data with possible explanations for discrepancies

For once it didn't feel like a load of graphs dumped out of PTS

More like this please
    Thanks... For those liking the articles more than usual in recent days, it's all a matter of May was great regarding some advertising campaigns... For those that try to dismiss ads or complain about them... So just hope more like them come in June, etc.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Well done Michael, I think that's one of the best benchmarking articles I've read on Phoronix ever

A good set of tests were picked, analysis was done on the data with possible explanations for discrepancies

For once it didn't feel like a load of graphs dumped out of PTS

More like this please

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    boot performance???

it would be interesting i think because of F15 using systemd

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic Is Fedora 15 Faster Than Ubuntu 11.04?

Is Fedora 15 Faster Than Ubuntu 11.04?

Phoronix: Is Fedora 15 Faster Than Ubuntu 11.04?

Ending out May, we have an interesting set of tests comparing the performance of Fedora 15 and Ubuntu 11.04. This is looking at the "out of the box" performance of both operating systems on three different systems. Not only is the actual test result looked at, but we also compared the power consumption of the two operating systems.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X