Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is confusing!

Originally posted by Yfrwlf View Post
    I remember seeing some place a XMPP server feature list for various XMPP servers, and so I think the server has to be aware of certain kinds of things at the very least. Sure, video and voice calls are negotiated and occur directly between the two clients, the connections being established via ICE apparently, but the XMPP server still apparently aids in those connections being established is my guess anyway, and may even be what informs the users if the other's client is capable of video or voice calls.
    There. Wasn't even hard to find. Now I'm completely confused. Maybe one of these documents can shed some light on this.

Comment

Originally posted by ?John? View Post
      There. Wasn't even hard to find. Now I'm completely confused. Maybe one of these documents can shed some light on this.
      To make things even more confusing, many of those extensions have been obsoleted, too. That list really needs to be cleaned up and updated. That was actually not the feature comparison list I mentioned, it was much simpler.

Comment

Skype acquisition commentary. He nailed it.
        Disclaimer: I own Microsoft stock. Yes, this is *not* pro-Microsoft but I feel the need to be very open about this. He’s employee number 30 and has been with Microsoft since mid-1980. In 2000…

Comment

Working...
        X