Is MPlayer2 A Viable Fork Of MPlayer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Is MPlayer2 A Viable Fork Of MPlayer?

Is MPlayer2 A Viable Fork Of MPlayer?

Phoronix: Is MPlayer2 A Viable Fork Of MPlayer?

Earlier this month MPlayer2 had its second release candidate, but it hasn't been talked about on Phoronix or much at all on the Internet. This isn't version 2.0 of MPlayer, which itself

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTI0Ng

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by giselher View Post
    The slave mode is a mess and was intentionally broken. But we are planning to create something bettor for toolkit support. I hope you can wait for this to be finalized. For the meantime I recommend to stay with mplayer2.
    Is MPV still missing front-end support? Any news?

Leave a comment:

• giselher
    replied
    Originally posted by fk00 View Post
    ok, I downloaded sources, built mpv, tested it and everything looks OK
    what's the name of this experimental branch and where can I find some useful guide on usage lua bindings to this specific libass?

thanks.
    lua_experiment

Leave a comment:

• fk00
    replied
    There is nothing stopping you. It just lua with some mpv function in place for playback and if you need more function for playback you can just ask on github for them to be implemented.
    ok, I downloaded sources, built mpv, tested it and everything looks OK
    what's the name of this experimental branch and where can I find some useful guide on usage lua bindings to this specific libass?

thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Mason8DF
    replied
    I believe that's the main reason FFMpeg and other related projects are having organizational problems so they are forking...

Leave a comment:

• giselher
    replied
    Originally posted by fk00 View Post
    guys, if you will able to at least give me the way to implement simple file browser with aliases that is shown on the screen via OSD.... I'll pray for you for the rest of my life (even considering I'm atheist lol)
    that's the feature I lack from ZoomPlayer if you know what I'm talking about....
    There is nothing stopping you. It just lua with some mpv function in place for playback and if you need more function for playback you can just ask on github for them to be implemented.

Leave a comment:

• fk00
    replied
    There is a branch (lua experiment) where the use lua scripts and libass to draw more sophisticated gui elements.
    guys, if you will able to at least give me the way to implement simple file browser with aliases that is shown on the screen via OSD.... I'll pray for you for the rest of my life (even considering I'm atheist lol)
    that's the feature I lack from ZoomPlayer if you know what I'm talking about....

Leave a comment:

• giselher
    replied
    Originally posted by perfectayush View Post
    using mpv for about 3 months on archlinux as my default video player. there is no gui support (not even third party yet). But I just love the improved OSD rendering so I do not care for smplayer support.
    There is a branch (lua experiment) where the use lua scripts and libass to draw more sophisticated gui elements.

Leave a comment:

• perfectayush
    replied
    mpv works fine

using mpv for about 3 months on archlinux as my default video player. there is no gui support (not even third party yet). But I just love the improved OSD rendering so I do not care for smplayer support.

Leave a comment:

• giselher
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    If it doesn't work with SMPlayer, then it's quite useless to a lot of people.
    The slave mode is a mess and was intentionally broken. But we are planning to create something bettor for toolkit support. I hope you can wait for this to be finalized. For the meantime I recommend to stay with mplayer2.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X