Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Officially Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
    True, but the desktop repository downloads didn't count for Firefox3 either so I don't see that entering the equation. Still I think it's very impressive numbers, particularly given that there was a much bigger hype around the release of Firefox3, with Mozilla actively wanting to enter to Guiness World or Records for most downloads in a day (which I belive they did).
    Yes, that's why I said numbers and not number. Meaning both the number of downloads of F3 and F4.
    Yes they did enter in the record Guiness book since
    "From 18:16 UTC on June 17, 2008 to 18:16 UTC on June 18, 2008, 8,002,530 people downloaded Firefox 3!"

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
      So when you say Opera is a 'big dog', that is entirely based upon them having certain features first?
      No. I'm saying that because it had several features first, during several time periods. FF had extensions once, but nothing special ever since.
      Of course it's still a big dog, second only to IE, but it is no longer the browser that grabbed 10 and then 20% market share from IE.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        No. I'm saying that because it had several features first, during several time periods. FF had extensions once, but nothing special ever since.
        I disagree, there's been alot of great things done under the hood, one of which is the way it reclaims and compresses memory from inactive tabs which has lead to Firefox being the browser that uses the least amount of memory when using lots of tabs (~10 +). Also in this release (ff4) panorama seemed like a novel feature although I can't say it's something that I personally need.

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
        but it is no longer the browser that grabbed 10 and then 20% market share from IE.
        No, nowadays it's the browser that grabbed ~30% market share from IE.

For all the features Opera may have been first with it certainly hasn't paid off in it's market share.

Comment

yes sure google Chrome is the best browser, when i first downloaded it, my internet was running at a lighting speed, i even checked my speed
          IP-Details.com, Search and find ip address's information including city and country.

and it was normal too, hitherto i used firefox which chocked my browsing capabilities .
          But the only one advantage with firefox is that it has more add ons, which makes things much easier

Comment

Working...
          X