Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Linux Beta Released

Phoronix: Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Linux Beta Released

Adobe's just released their first beta of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. But does it contain anything interesting on the Linux side? Let's find out...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Before anyone asks: no 64-bit support. Business as usual for Adobe.

Comment

A linux flashplayer limitation that not everyone know is support for webcam.

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        Before anyone asks: no 64-bit support. Business as usual for Adobe.
        You're asking too much of Adobe, 64-bit CPUs only appeared around 2003, so they had less than 10 years to get their act together.

Comment

Compatibility state of the alternatives?

It's been a long time since i've last seen an article comparing Gnash's and Lightspark's compatibility coverage to official Flash releases... I wonder if anything's changed in that respect? So far i only tried gnash once a couple of years ago and it couldn't play most of the content i tried.

Comment

There is a beta 64-bit player actually. http://download.macromedia.com/pub/l..._111710.tar.gz

Comment

Originally posted by patstew View Post
              There is a beta 64-bit player actually. http://download.macromedia.com/pub/l..._111710.tar.gz
              That's very old pre-release. Nothing to do with 10.3 beta recently released.
              Rob
              email: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by dagger View Post
                That's very old pre-release. Nothing to do with 10.3 beta recently released.
                I know it's older than these betas, I was just pointing it out to the people above who seem unaware that there is a 64-bit player at all. It still reports as version 10.3.162.29, though it doesn't support vdpau.

Comment

The 64 bit was updated for last time in November, 30. So they have a 64 bit codebase, and they have released 10.2 and 10.3 beta, but not updates in the 64 bit codebase.

How many years have I been running a 64 bit pure system? I don't even remember. I really hope that HTML5 kills Flash. They don't deserve to be in the software bussiness.

Comment

Should also mention that there is also a Flash player 11.0 preview available here:

Comment

Working...
                    X