KDE SC 4.6 Release Candidate 1 Makes It Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gedgon View Post
    I can check SUSE for "optimal or best setup", but I'm pretty sure I just waste my time.
    Don't waste your time. Don't waste our time.
    Leave your hands off anything related to KDE and stay away from KDE-related forum threads forever.
    It'll be for the best of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      What can I say, I cannot duplicate that here. So it is something specific to your systems.

OK so you have eliminated video card drivers now how about dbus, kernel configs, schedulers, etc. So far you haven't proven that it is a Dolphin issue. All you have proven is that on your systems a symptom is being seen in Dolphin that is not universal to everyone. Hell it could be something even like a network issue believe it or not.
      If you say so. Network issue? Damn, I just moved my mouse ffs.
      At this point I'm 99.9% sure, that this bug will land in 4.6 release, so i'll be back with SUSE live cd video soon

Originally posted by Awesomeness
      Don't waste your time. Don't waste our time.
      Leave your hands off anything related to KDE and stay away from KDE-related forum threads forever.
      It'll be for the best of everyone.
      KDE developer? I'm sorry, did i hurt your feelings?

Comment

At this point I'm 99.9% sure, that this bug will land in 4.6 release
        On your systems, probably, I'm just uploading a vid as we speak (apparently youtube doesn't like ogv uploads.).

Comment

Here it is watch the folders highlight for some reason recordmydesktop doesn't like to record the cursor.

Comment

Here it is watch the folders highlight for some reason recordmydesktop doesn't like to record the cursor.

http://img839.imageshack.us/i/hbq.mp4/

Sorry, but what is that? 0.750 fps ? All I can see, you hovered couple icons.

Use command line (cursor wil be by the default, --dummy-cursor will help), or just use ffmpeg x11grab, anyway camcoder recommended.
            And where is Places panel?

Comment

Sorry, but what is that? 0.750 fps ? All I can see, you hovered couple icons.
              15 fps, according to you all you have to do is hover. Never the less the cursor was dragged from one folder to another without any spike.

Use command line (cursor wil be by the default, --dummy-cursor will help), or just use ffmpeg x11grab,
              Will try that instead.

anyway camcoder recommended.
              Surely you jest.

And where is Places panel?
              I don't use places normally so the sidebar is closed.

Comment

Here ya go in HD

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo
                  15 fps
                  Nope, it's 0.75 fps

according to you all you have to do is hover. Never the less the cursor was dragged from one folder to another without any spike.
                  Yes and No. Hover {PLACES} can do it, but then you need to setup task manager to 0.1s delay, or less to see something.

I want to see that.

Just slowly moving mouse cursor over places.

Surely you jest.
                  hm?

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
                    Ah! So it's not my lack of patience with the TERRIBLE KDE's UI to configure activities: the option doesn't actually exist, right?
                    Naah it does not. It wasn't even in their plans at all till now. So pray that we'll see it with KDE 4.8, though I have my doubts.
                    BTW when I first read about activities, before I ever use them, it was something I thought essential. Unfortunately, it seems the panel is rather different than the plasmoids and thus it can not be removed.

I remember it had crashed once in just one activity and it was cool without it, but unfortunately it came back after the restart. Long gone the days I was leaving my PC on for months. Now the electric is expensive...

Comment

Surely you jest.
                      Don't call him shirley.

Comment

Working...
                      X