X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by devius View Post
    I doubt there are serious packaging issues with arch. That's what I have in my miserable Eee PC1000H and KDE runs smoothly and very fast. I just tried that "moving the mouse around in dolphin" issue and I could see a maximum of 32% cpu usage. This is a 1,6GHz HT Atom cpu and GMA950 graphics in case anyone doesn't know. I'll try with compositing enabled later to see if it makes a difference.
    30-40% is what I get on my 3.2GHz Core 2 with a 9500GT and nvidia. The CPU consumption is really quite ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    Originally posted by gedgon View Post
    Nope, unless there are some serious Arch packaging bugs, i call you a liar. Your distro?
    I doubt there are serious packaging issues with arch. That's what I have in my miserable Eee PC1000H and KDE runs smoothly and very fast. I just tried that "moving the mouse around in dolphin" issue and I could see a maximum of 32% cpu usage. This is a 1,6GHz HT Atom cpu and GMA950 graphics in case anyone doesn't know. I'll try with compositing enabled later to see if it makes a difference.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by not.sure View Post
    Don't call him shirley.
    Too soon man, too soon.

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    KDE developer? I'm sorry, did i hurt your feelings?
    No and no.

Leave a comment:

• GreekGeek
    replied
    Do we have Clarance for that?

Huh?

Roger!

Huh?

Leave a comment:

• not.sure
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Surely you jest.
    Don't call him shirley.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Originally posted by yotambien View Post
    Ah! So it's not my lack of patience with the TERRIBLE KDE's UI to configure activities: the option doesn't actually exist, right?
    Naah it does not. It wasn't even in their plans at all till now. So pray that we'll see it with KDE 4.8, though I have my doubts.
    BTW when I first read about activities, before I ever use them, it was something I thought essential. Unfortunately, it seems the panel is rather different than the plasmoids and thus it can not be removed.

I remember it had crashed once in just one activity and it was cool without it, but unfortunately it came back after the restart. Long gone the days I was leaving my PC on for months. Now the electric is expensive...

Leave a comment:

• gedgon
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo
    15 fps
    Nope, it's 0.75 fps

according to you all you have to do is hover. Never the less the cursor was dragged from one folder to another without any spike.
    Yes and No. Hover {PLACES} can do it, but then you need to setup task manager to 0.1s delay, or less to see something.

I want to see that.

Just slowly moving mouse cursor over places.

Surely you jest.
    hm?

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Here ya go in HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyB04w5geCg

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Sorry, but what is that? 0.750 fps ? All I can see, you hovered couple icons.
    15 fps, according to you all you have to do is hover. Never the less the cursor was dragged from one folder to another without any spike.

Use command line (cursor wil be by the default, --dummy-cursor will help), or just use ffmpeg x11grab,
    Will try that instead.

anyway camcoder recommended.
    Surely you jest.

And where is Places panel?
    I don't use places normally so the sidebar is closed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X