Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark Flash Goes To Linux PowerPC

Phoronix: Lightspark Flash Goes To Linux PowerPC

It was just a few days ago that Lightspark 0.4.5 was released with a new graphics engine, but now there's already Lightspark 0.4.5.1. What does this release bring? Experimental PowerPC support. Adobe only provides official Flash/SWF support for Linux on x86 and x86_64 platforms, but the open-source Lightspark now supports the PowerPC architecture too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does that mean ppc32 and ppc64 architectures? I remember having great difficulty getting a flash player working on my PS3 when I was running a ppc64 Gentoo System on it

Comment

right now it mean Any PPC architecture that can compile the code as he doesn't have any Altivec SIMD code as yet.

Comment

I'm using a desktop pc. Will lightspark do more for me than adobe's non-free flash plugin? I mean, I am a huge fan of hulu.com, but as you probably know it's a hell of a pain in fullscreen.
        So if I install lightspark, will that solve the problem? Cuz now I have to use the compiz zoom effects (super + mouse scroller).

Comment

Working...
        X