No announcement yet.

Improving Video Streaming With GTK+ 3D Surfaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The video on the cube runs at about half the framerate of the untransformed original video on the right (a 24fps xvid-encoded AVI file), though the cube's rotation is smooth.

Ubuntu 10.10 running GNOME and Compiz with extra effects enabled
    Binary NVidia driver 260.19.06 with DynamicTwinView disabled
    Geforce 8800GT
    Core i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
      As for the 2fps issue, my best guess (without OProfile information to hand on your setup) would be either a bottleneck in KDE's thread handoff or just plain slow texture transfer to the card. What bus is your HD4200 running on?
      I'm the one with the 2fps issue not popper. According to this: http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...tications.aspx it should be a PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus.
      I've just installed OProfile but I don't know what kind of arguments I should run it with, so if you can tell me that I can get you the data.

Comment

Just like devius I also have 2fps or something. My config is:

radeon hd 4290
        catalyst 10.11
        kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Now we just need someone with a HD42xx series gpu that is NOT running KDE to see if it's a KDE or a GPU/driver issue.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            Now we just need someone with a HD42xx series gpu that is NOT running KDE to see if it's a KDE or a GPU/driver issue.
            I will probably be able to do that on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              I'm the one with the 2fps issue not popper. According to this: http://www.amd.com/us/products/deskt...tications.aspx it should be a PCI Express 2.0 x16 bus.
              I've just installed OProfile but I don't know what kind of arguments I should run it with, so if you can tell me that I can get you the data.
              I use OProfile from within Eclipse IDE - it also involves adding OProfile to sudoers, so it may be a bit extreme to set it up if you don't have a dev system up already. I'll have a look at the code and see if there's a change we can do to narrow the issue down.

I'll be interested in seeing the non-KDE result...

Regards,
              Jose.

Comment

Working...
              X