No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash 10.2 Brings Linux Video Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW seems to work fine through nspluginwrapper. Playing this in 1080 with next to 0 CPU usage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-T7v...eature=channel

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      BTW seems to work fine through nspluginwrapper. Playing this in 1080 with next to 0 CPU usage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-T7v...eature=channel
      I suspect the reason for that is because there is no 64 bit beta of 10.2 and people are confusing that with the preview build of 10.1 64 bit.

I do find it highly amusing that adobe can't put out 64 bit and 32 bit versions at the same time. It seems to suggest that there are some horrible divergences in between the 64 and 32 bit code.I don't want to imagine the horrible state that it is in that requires a separate source tree for 64 bit.

Comment

Originally posted by _txf_ View Post
        I suspect the reason for that is because there is no 64 bit beta of 10.2 and people are confusing that with the preview build of 10.1 64 bit.

I do find it highly amusing that adobe can't put out 64 bit and 32 bit versions at the same time. It seems to suggest that there are some horrible divergences in between the 64 and 32 bit code.I don't want to imagine the horrible state that it is in that requires a separate source tree for 64 bit.
        Hey this is adobe we are talking about. It took them 5 years to fix the bloody wmode bug.

Comment

@rewind

I dont like that script, i prefer local installation, for that use:

wget -qO- http://kanotix.com/files/install-flash10-local.sh|sh

@DebianAroundParis

I do not fully get who you would accellerate something with intel igp, but at least on youtube you have got nice debugging options with video info on right mouse click. It shows when accelleration mode is used. This definitely works for 32 bit + nvidia.

Now we need libva support too or a new wrapper libva to vdpau for intel hd gfx, psb and ati - or direct xvba support, but then ati really has to fix the drivers first for hd 5, as the hack is only in the xvba-video wrapper...

Comment

Works fine with the nsplugin wrapper too Kano

Comment

As intel hd graphics, psb and others have got only libva support adobe should add that too. Basically they could blacklist ati fglrx and enable it when a config setting is used just like the old

mkdir -p /etc/adobe && echo OverrideGPUValidation=true > /etc/adobe/mms.cfg

hack. Of course you could begin writeing a wrapper too, feel free to do so, maybe you can look at vdpau-video and do just the reverse thing...

Comment

I installed Preview3, playback of 720 and 1080 was like a slow motion on r300g.

Comment

"Works fine with the nsplugin wrapper too Kano"

I cannot make it work on amd64. I got libvdpau-0.4.1 and the newest nvidia-drivers-260.19.26. Shouldn't I have 32-bit version of libvdpau? I got "undefined video rendering" in debug information on youtube and high cpu usage (about 50% - nvidia quadro 570M)

Comment

Originally posted by rocco View Post
                    "Works fine with the nsplugin wrapper too Kano"

I cannot make it work on amd64. I got libvdpau-0.4.1 and the newest nvidia-drivers-260.19.26. Shouldn't I have 32-bit version of libvdpau? I got "undefined video rendering" in debug information on youtube and high cpu usage (about 50% - nvidia quadro 570M)
                    Two things,

a) you should have the Nvidia drivers compatibility libs installed
                    b) you should have libvdpau compatibility libs as well installed.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Two things,

a) you should have the Nvidia drivers compatibility libs installed
                      b) you should have libvdpau compatibility libs as well installed.
                      I'm using gentoo, so i got multilib useflag for nvidia-drivers and it installs compatibility libs in /usr/lib32:

Code:
                      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      28 12-02 01:22 /usr/lib32/libvdpau_nvidia.so -> libvdpau_nvidia.so.260.19.26
                      lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      28 12-02 01:22 /usr/lib32/libvdpau_nvidia.so.1 -> libvdpau_nvidia.so.260.19.26
                      -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1715132 12-02 01:22 /usr/lib32/libvdpau_nvidia.so.260.19.26
                      But there is no compat libs for vdpau. I tried create symlinks directly to nvidia libs, but with no effect. I guess I must build it manually? There is no multilib useflag for libvdpau

Comment

Working...
                      X