Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nanonyme
    replied
    I actually wish they had chosen OpenVG for acceleration like they do in embedded. Adobe has a lot more experience with it. OpenVG support in Mesa is maturing pretty nicely too.

Leave a comment:

• markus_b
    replied
    I just tried it on my lowly Thinkpad T60 with a intel graphics chipset. Videos are much better now, before I dialed down to 360p, now it looks like I can sustain 720p !

Leave a comment:

• yotambien
    replied
    Originally posted by ad_267 View Post
    They reported below 10% usage with an i7. That's not particularly impressive... Unless you're talking about someone else?
    You are right, I didn't pay attention to the processor. For my pentium M 10% would be gold, usually I get 50-80%. I guess everything is normal, then.

Leave a comment:

• ad_267
    replied
    Originally posted by yotambien View Post
    Ah, that would explain things. However, at least one user already reported low CPU usage with this...?
    They reported below 10% usage with an i7. That's not particularly impressive... Unless you're talking about someone else?

Leave a comment:

• blandoon
    replied
    I think we've all read this guy's insulting diatribes before. We're perfectly aware that Flash "solves a different problem" - or, more accurately, that it does not solve the problem people actually want it to solve. If Adobe invested half as much effort in actually getting Flash working as they do in apologizing for it, we would have hardware-accelerated Flash on every platform on Earth by now.

I don't understand why they could not just write against VA-API. Both Intel and AMD support it (to varying extents), and for NVIDIA, VDPAU can be used as the backend to VA-API. If you do that you've covered 90% or more of the video devices out there.

Message to all software developers everywhere: Just because a problem is difficult or inconvenient, that does not mean you do not have to solve it.

Leave a comment:

• yotambien
    replied
    Ah, that would explain things. However, at least one user already reported low CPU usage with this...?

Leave a comment:

• bhassel
    replied
    From reading Adobe's blog post, it sounds like flash files have to be explicitly written to use the new rendering method... it's not automatic. So, until flash video players are rewritten to use the new method, you won't see any performance improvements.

For content providers, Stage Video will work with all of the existing video viewed in Flash Player once they utilize the new API in their video player SWFs.
    [...]
    Developers can learn more about how to enable their sites to take advantage of Stage Video today, and sites like YouTube have already started adding early support for Stage Video.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
    VLC and Mplayper plays nicely almost any 1080p with just Xv. Why is it so hard to have falsh player do the same?

Leave a comment:

• blackshard
    replied
    Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
    VLC and Mplayper plays nicely almost any 1080p with just Xv. Why is it so hard to have falsh player do the same?
    Because flash is the crappiest software of the moment.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisXY
    replied
    Originally posted by wpoely86 View Post
    That depends on your system. An i7 will indeed play any 1080p video nicely. A sempron or atom system on the other hand...
    Actually I was surprised when I played a 1080p with pretty high bitrate on a P4 with 3 ghz and a radeon x300 with r300g. It worked really nice with xv.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X