KDE 4.6 Beta 1 Is Here With Fun New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by accumulator View Post
    You're talking about kmail1 or kmail2? (second one is using akonadi)

I have had no real issues with kmail1 and IMAP, and I'm looking forward alot to the new-and-improved kmail2
    Speaking of which: Is there any kmail left that can run without mysql&akonadi? Or do we actually really have to install trinity for that?

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      This can help convincing users switch to Thuderbird too
      Thunderbirds sucks balls. It integrates with nothing. It sucks with KDE's Desktop, it sucks with GNONE, it sucks with Mac OS X, and it also sucks with Windows. With the exception of tabs, updated button themes, and ports to newer Gecko versions, TB is stagnating since 6 years.

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
      It just sucks too hard with IMAP.
      You're making things up. KMail works very nice with IMAP. I have set up KMail with three IMAP accounts without any problems.

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      Speaking of which: Is there any kmail left that can run without mysql&akonadi? Or do we actually really have to install trinity for that?
      Trinity is a mess. Two programmers and one or two packagers trying to maintain a whole desktop environment is insane.
      I use Kontact 4.4.7 with KDE Platfrom 4.5.3 and Akonadi isn't cauing any problems. Using an actual database for accessing the stored information is the only logical way in this era.

Originally posted by madjr View Post
      the activities thing (in other words: multi desktops) is just too unintuitive.

They should make it more intuitive like on mobile OSs
      I'm sure the Plasma team would be thankful for any constructive input.

Comment

Originally posted by KAMiKAZOW View Post
        Thunderbirds sucks balls. It integrates with nothing. It sucks with KDE's Desktop, it sucks with GNONE, it sucks with Mac OS X, and it also sucks with Windows. With the exception of tabs, updated button themes, and ports to newer Gecko versions, TB is stagnating since 6 years.
        One thing it does have over the others is that it is truly crossplatform. As for as issues with it I personally have next to zero issues with T-bird and I like that I can use the same db across all bootable OS's installed on my system.

I use Kontact 4.4.7 with KDE Platfrom 4.5.3 and Akonadi isn't cauing any problems. Using an actual database for accessing the stored information is the only logical way in this era.
        I agree that a real dbase is the only real solution even though mySQL is a bit of overkill on a engine choice. I can see why they use it however as it is more then likely already running for other applications as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          One thing it does have over the others is that it is truly crossplatform. As for as issues with it I personally have next to zero issues with T-bird and I like that I can use the same db across all bootable OS's installed on my system.
          Why share the same offline data through different operating systems? Just store everything on the mail server and use IMAP.

Comment

Working...
          X