Enlightenment... Now Running On Refrigerators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
    Does this fridge include small cameras so I can see what's in it without letting all the cold air fall out, or is the screen just a gimmick?
    no, it does not have such a thing. :-(

The screen provide temperature controls, presets like vacation/party modes and also to get drinks and food to the correct temperature in their special drawer. There are also applications to avoid post-its and like, such as contacts, calendar (with alarm, for birthday reminders), photo viewer (ie: picture frame with slideshow) and recipe book built-in.

Comment

Just wait a few years until all those home appliances are networked and home owners are confronted with DDoS attacks against their home-network: "transfer 5000$ to this account, or within 48h all your food will be spoiled, your garage door will be blocked and your microwave will continously post on twitter about your binge-eating sessions!"
      ah, brave new world

Comment

Damn... I would never buy a fridge without hardware acceleration!

Comment

Originally posted by Delgarde View Post
          Eh, fridges with a built-in internet terminal aren't anything new - first saw one at a show maybe 8-9 years ago. The concept is supposed to be a modern to having notes and recipes and stuff stuck on the fridge with magnets...
          Yeah, but this fridge doesn't maintain backwards compatibility.. If you stick randomly magnets on it, you may brick your fridge!

Comment

Originally posted by renkin View Post
            Yeah, but this fridge doesn't maintain backwards compatibility.. If you stick randomly magnets on it, you may brick your fridge!
            Hey free magnets enclosed. "rm -rf"...

Comment

I'm reminded of that Arnie movie, The 6th Day. Where he orders milk from the refrigerator.

All I was thinking when I read this was "Okay, I know they always used to say that if a toaster had a CPU, you could put Linux on it...." Well, we've hit the point now where that could literally be true.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post
                I'm reminded of that Arnie movie, The 6th Day. Where he orders milk from the refrigerator.

All I was thinking when I read this was "Okay, I know they always used to say that if a toaster had a CPU, you could put Linux on it...." Well, we've hit the point now where that could literally be true.
                Well my microwave has a CPU, but it has a legitimate reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by leech View Post

I think that was done a couple of years ago actually.,,

As was the emacs making coffee.

Comment

Working...
                  X