X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iamlindoro
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    I was getting excited then, I wonder when full bluray support will be available on Linux without jiggery pokery
    Feel free to continue to be excited. The person you replied to is uninformed. Not *all* discs can be decrypted, and libbdplus isn't technically public (meaning you can't decrypt some recent fox discs yet, and some of the very newest discs don't have a publicly available key) but decryption of Blu-ray is both a reality, and usable in Myth. All of my discs play just fine (though admittedly they are not brand-new discs).

Leave a comment:

• iamlindoro
    replied
    Originally posted by williamthrilliam View Post
    I think people really need to put "Non-DRM Blu-ray support" when talking about Blu-ray in Linux.
    I think people need to know what they're talking about when suggesting what words others should use. Myth's Blu-ray support supports all encrypted discs which libaacs and libbdplus support the decryption of.

At risk of sounding smug, I should know, I wrote the abovereferenced code.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by r1348 View Post
    Gstreamer can use ffmpeg as backend, and so far supports VDPAU and CrystalHD accelerations.
    I didn't have any luck getting crystalhd working through gstreamer. Probably glitches related to the newer 970015 chip, I understand that the 970012 works ok with it. The crystalhd plugin for xine-lib 1.2 works amazing though

I don't see much use for gstreamer. How many media players actually use it? Totem is one, but totem blows goat.

Now... this new mythtv's release notes show "experimental crystalhd support". So cool! Unfortunately, it links to a page that hasn't been updated yet, so no telling HOW to make it work. Interesting thing about mythtv is that it says that the 970012 is not supported (actually disabled in code) -- the way it is worded suggests that the 970015 *does* work, since it refers to the 970012 as "the older". Good news for me

Definitely going to have to try this out.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    Originally posted by williamthrilliam View Post
    I think people really need to put "Non-DRM Blu-ray support" when talking about Blu-ray in Linux.
    I was getting excited then, I wonder when full bluray support will be available on Linux without jiggery pokery

I remember the DeCSS stuff when it was new and being able to play DVDs on my PC easier under linux than I could on Windows at the time

How times have changed

Leave a comment:

• r1348
    replied
    Originally posted by thefirstm View Post
    Why? Gstreamer doesn't have nearly as many codecs as FFMPEG, nor does it support the most common forms of hardware acceleration.
    Gstreamer can use ffmpeg as backend, and so far supports VDPAU and CrystalHD accelerations.

Leave a comment:

• nico342
    replied
    I Hope XBMC hopefully come before Christmas

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm
    replied
    I, as an American, also agree: Software patents suck majorly.

Leave a comment:

• DivineGrace
    replied
    Originally posted by Ragas View Post
    I don't care about americas patent stupidity. ffmpeg is by far the best framework.
    Agreed. I live in America and I think that software patents are stupid, especially in Linux. There you have it.
    Anyway, I am looking forward to this release and thanks to the developers for their hard work!

Leave a comment:

• Ragas
    replied
    Originally posted by TwistedLincoln View Post
    MythTV is an amazing piece of software. It's a shame it uses FFMPEG instead of Gstreamer as a backend, making it impossible to legally distribute in the United States due to software patents.
    I don't care about americas patent stupidity. ffmpeg is by far the best framework.

Leave a comment:

• thefirstm
    replied
    Originally posted by TwistedLincoln View Post
    MythTV is an amazing piece of software. It's a shame it uses FFMPEG instead of Gstreamer as a backend, making it impossible to legally distribute in the United States due to software patents.
    Why? Gstreamer doesn't have nearly as many codecs as FFMPEG, nor does it support the most common forms of hardware acceleration.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X