Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightspark 0.4.5 Is Bringing The New Graphics Engine

Phoronix: Lightspark 0.4.5 Is Bringing The New Graphics Engine

Lightspark's advanced graphics engine will soon be released with the forthcoming Lightspark 0.4.5 version. We first talked about this advanced graphics engine in August that uses Cairo and OpenGL for rendering, but finally, after making a lot of progress, it's ready to be released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is it just me or is Lightspark seeing a lot more maintenance and a much higher development rate than gnash/other free flash software?

Comment

Originally posted by JeanPaul145 View Post
      Is it just me or is Lightspark seeing a lot more maintenance and a much higher development rate than gnash/other free flash software?
      Is that a bad thing if it is?...

Nice to see a FOSS project developing at a nice rate. Especially in this area.

Comment

I've tried lightspark freshly compiled from git - still unusable. So I'm not lying too much of hope in this new version.

Comment

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
          I've tried lightspark freshly compiled from git - still unusable. So I'm not lying too much of hope in this new version.
          Hopefully it'll be usable once the bug in libxml++ is fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by whaevr View Post
            Is that a bad thing if it is?...
            Not at all, It's just interesting that, judging by development rate, the gnash developers clearly don't see their project as of essential importance, while the lightspark developer(s) does see it as important.

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
            It might not be usable yet for daily use, but neither is gnash. I blame Adobe for that one btw.

Comment

I don't know where you get that information from. Lightspark gets more media attention maybe.

Gnash commit log
              Lightspark commit log

Comment

Not at all, It's just interesting that, judging by development rate, the gnash developers clearly don't see their project as of essential importance, while the lightspark developer(s) does see it as important.
                About here I realized you were just a troll with some gnash axe-to-grind. What nonsense.

Comment

Lightspark seems to be getting more maintenance than Adobe Flash.
                  They have yet to update the 64 bit flash player to correct the minor bug of having your PC taken over remotely

Comment

Originally posted by XorEaxEax View Post
                    About here I realized you were just a troll with some gnash axe-to-grind. What nonsense.
                    I'm not a troll. If Gnash ever becomes ready for daily use (and Flash is still relevant) I'll happily use it, unless Lightspark beats it there of course. That said, it, hasn't reached that level of maturity as of now, and I'm having serious doubts it ever will before Flash becomes somewhat of a niche product because of HTML5.

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
                    I don't know where you get that information from. Lightspark gets more media attention maybe.

Gnash commit log
                    Lightspark commit log
                    Apparently the log of gnash is indeed more active than Lightspark.

Comment

Working...
                    X