Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoboJ1M
    replied
    Does anybody know how to get it to work though?

I have Ubuntu 10.04 with the defualt Firefox installation.

I tried installing Lightspark from the available PPA and removing adobe but it didn't work.

Regards,

J1M.

Leave a comment:

• droidhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    why don't they merge it with gnash and have a single project ?
    Duplicate code.
    gnash implements the functionality that has been discovered via reverse engineering and other general hacking.

The idea here is to start from fresh using spec as a guide, build something complete and good without all the hacks.

Problem with shoveling in heaps of gnash is that you'll end up with a hybrid mess that doesn't follow spec and doesn't work right.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    why don't they merge it with gnash and have a single project ?

Leave a comment:

• blindfrog
    replied
    Hmmmm when gnash fallback is ready (for older flash files and many flash movies). I think I can say bye bye bye to adobe's resource hog once and for all hurray! Even then hopefully HTML5 will just kill flash as soon as possible

Leave a comment:

• misiu_mp
    replied
    For youtube there is the totem youtube plugin. No web, no flash, no comments, no mess and it is accelerated.

Leave a comment:

• Lynxeye
    replied
    [...]and hooks into Gnash, another free software Flash player in certain areas for now.
    This is false. The Gnash Fallback is planned for version 0.4.3, it is not ready yet.

Leave a comment:

• TheWretched
    replied
    You mostly don't need Flash for Youtube anymore anyways... just use a browser with WebM or HTML video tag support and you are set to go... sadly the embedded videos in other websites still mandate Flash, which sucks pretty badly.

Leave a comment:

• EarthMind
    replied
    I just need complete Youtube support and then I'm sold. I could care less about other flash based websites etc.

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    As far as I know Hulu only uses RTMP, which hardly can be called "DRM". RTMP has been reverse-engineered a while ago.

Leave a comment:

• cl333r
    replied
    Couldn't care less about Hulu, give me youtube support and I'm almost sold.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X