No announcement yet.

Moonlight 3.0 Approaches With New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You all wonder, but it's been a hell for me to watch world cup highlights without the damn moonlight, also italian tv rai, which has the rights to broadcast it, uses moonlight exensively for its website. And since now, I haven't been able to make this horrible plugin to work on Lucid. I'll try with this new release and see.

Comment

exciting news...

Comment

vervelover : same here in the netherlands, our taxpayer funded public channels stream everything in silverlight, only after extensive digging through sitecode can you find proper mplayer supported streams, and their setup changes every damn quarter

Comment

Stupid Eurosport is adopting this with their Eurosport LIVE Player that shows all their 3 channels live.

Comment

Adobe Flash finally in a dying state thanks to HTML5, now they try to push Silverlight/Moonlight. Seriously?

Comment

I had to install this thing to watch what was basically an advert for another MS product.

The scary thing is, once you tried *to watch their advert*, you were required to accept to a very scary looking codec licensing agreement.

My guess is that once they get everyone using this instead of HTML5 and Flash, they'll say "Oh, we have to remove support for those codecs on the free platforms because it's enabling users to violate the patent licensing." That will cripple the open implementation and start roping everyone back in to Windows.

I recommend staying as far away from this as possible.

Comment

Who cares?

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
                Adobe Flash finally in a dying state thanks to HTML5, now they try to push Silverlight/Moonlight. Seriously?
                ROFl, man, you are right.
                I can't wait till moment i can dump flash, and they push silver light...
                SIGHT!

First thing that came to my mind when i read this article, WHO CARES?

Comment

All sounds familiar, somehow. Maybe Miguel should really get a grip on his obsession with this kind of MS invasion tools.

Comment

It's really just Microsoft that benefits from this Moonlight thing. It allows them to sell their technology as a cross-platform way for broadcasters to deliver their content over the Internet. While in reality Moonlight will always be subpar to Silverlight (i.e. You really need Microsoft Windows for best experience)

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                      First thing that came to my mind when i read this article, WHO CARES?
                      Exactly. No for the crap.

Comment

Working...
                      X