Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kgonzales
    replied
    They figured you would just steal the movies anyway...

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Major studios are just screwing themselves; no sales at all for the ever growing number of Linux users. Good job shrinking your market, dickheads...

Oops? Well here comes the download squad ^^, Won't be earning a single dime from me. Oh and the last time I bought a movie on DVD? Less than a month ago.

See you later >:-)
    And they were right. I mean, if you won't pay for software, why would you pay for media? The studios would rather just shut out the entire Linux platform and concentrate their efforts elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Major studios are just screwing themselves; no sales at all for the ever growing number of Linux users. Good job shrinking your market, dickheads...

Oops? Well here comes the download squad ^^, Won't be earning a single dime from me. Oh and the last time I bought a movie on DVD? Less than a month ago.

See you later >:-)

Leave a comment:

• cynyr
    replied
    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
    well, at least once ffmpeg team has a good reason to bump version number - a new, soon-to-be major, codec support.

i don't want to start bikeshed discussion, but version number bump was imho a bit too high.
    But i want the bike shed to be green!!!~

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
    AACS and BD+ are evil, filthy technologies.
    And so useless. I could find pretty much every movie on filesharing networks, but I can not watch the Blu-rays I bought.

AFAIK, this is the state of the art in open source BluRay decryption: http://altair.videolan.org:4280/
    Doesn't look too usable.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    AFAIK, this is the state of the art in open source BluRay decryption: http://altair.videolan.org:4280/

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    Blu-ray ripping already works
    Unfortunately, it doesn't. Not in open source.

Open source solutions can only rip older titles (I think up to MKBv11), often have trouble with BD+ discs (if they are supported at all), and don't always work.

The one-click ripping is only reliable using closed-source programs, who are not disclosing their secrets for obvious reasons.

I've tried to get my head around it by reading through the Doom9 forum, and the issues are extremely complicated. AACS and BD+ are evil, filthy technologies.

I'll be very happy if one day it all works from MPlayer or VLC, like it does with DVDs, but it's not as easy to crack like CSS was.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    There is very little that FFmpeg can do about BluRay.

The format was specifically designed and engineered not to work on Linux.
    Hmm, if I remember the article correctly they said that AACS needs to be implemented in ffmpeg as the demultiplexer needs to do all the AACS decryption. As ffmpeg can't provide the decryption keys of course, it would be the user's responsibility to put them somewhere, where ffmpeg can find them ($HOME/.ffmpeg/aacs).

As I don't know much about AACS or Blu-ray encryption, I really can't see the problem why Blu-ray should not work on Linux. Blu-ray ripping already works, so where is the problem in playing Blu-rays? Of course Linux would never be officially supported as the decryption keys are exposed, but I really don't care as long as it works. Valid decryption keys have leaked in the past and will leak in the future and as long as it is the user's responsibility to provide them, the ffmpeg team should get no legal problems.

Leave a comment:

• pingufunkybeat
    replied
    There is very little that FFmpeg can do about BluRay.

The format was specifically designed and engineered not to work on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• Temar
    replied
    What about Blu-ray support?

Wasn't there a Phoronix article some time ago that AACS would be supported by ffmpeg, soon. It's such a schame that you still can't play Blu-ray discs on Linux.

Leave a comment:

• xeros
    replied
    Originally posted by gellert View Post
    Well the changelog states:

- RTP depacketization of ASF and RTSP from WMS servers

I don't know if this pertains to your issue.
    Well it might be that issue. Thanks, I'll try to test it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X