Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 2

Phoronix: Wine 1.2 Release Candidate 2

With Wine 1.2 planned for release in June, the first release candidate was made available last week and now this week we have another new release candidate...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

too bad the Debian repo does not have any newer builds since 1.1.42 and i can't build this on my 64-bit machine as it does not detect the fontconfig-dev headers

Comment

I hope they can get the DIB engine working before the final release

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
        too bad the Debian repo does not have any newer builds since 1.1.42 and i can't build this on my 64-bit machine as it does not detect the fontconfig-dev headers
        Yeah and it's hilarious the fact that they created a different package called wine-unstable and that one is at version 1.1.42(the normal version of the package is so old that I'm not even sure it's still maintained)!

Comment

I think only wine 1.0 and wine 1.2 are considered stable software by upstream. The other versions are considered to be unstable releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
            Works for me on squeeze. Do you actually have those headers?

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
            I hope they can get the DIB engine working before the final release
            That's not going to happen. We're currently in code freeze, which means only things like translations, tests, trivial bug fixes and regression fixes will enter the tree. As we'll get closer to release that will only get stricter. There won't be new features like a DIB engine between now and the final release. Aside from that, writing a DIB engine would be hard, and isn't much of a priority.

Originally posted by Shining Arcanine View Post
            I think only wine 1.0 and wine 1.2 are considered stable software by upstream. The other versions are considered to be unstable releases.
            Pretty much. The latest stable release is 1.0.1. The idea was to keep cherry picking patches to the stable branch after 1.0 was released, but the branches diverged pretty fast, and the stable branch never got much further than 1.0.1.

Comment

I don't see any progress made on the "mouse is confined in an area" bug, and it seems to be quite a large bug that will require quite a lot of time to fix... Hopefully work on that will start soon, as it's in the blocker list.

Well, at least there are only 73 bugs there compared to 84 before RC1, so that's progress. Although at that rate, the final Wine 1.2 will come after 1.2-RC16

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                I don't see any progress made on the "mouse is confined in an area" bug, and it seems to be quite a large bug that will require quite a lot of time to fix... Hopefully work on that will start soon, as it's in the blocker list.

Well, at least there are only 73 bugs there compared to 84 before RC1, so that's progress. Although at that rate, the final Wine 1.2 will come after 1.2-RC16
                No they will release it with known bugs. They always do. Wine's history is a "fix 3 break 4" process.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                  Yeah, that's a hard bug to fix, even with X Input 2 being available these days. I'm pretty sure that bug isn't supposed to be on the 1.2 milestone though.

Comment

Another borked release, getting access violation errors while trying to launch my apps. Downgraded back to the WINE 1.2 version that is in the lucid repos and everything is working fine now.

Comment

Working...
                    X