Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Licaon View Post
    HoMM3 has a native Linux version BTW
    Only basic version, without extensions, which is a major loss. And, guess what, Linux version has to be purchased separately and I have only the Windows one...

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
      Sounds like an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with git bisect.
      Sounds like an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with how the majority of people install WINE ...... through their package manager i.e not compiled from source.

Originally posted by m_gol View Post
      Actually, not everything.
      Everything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot2 View Post
        Everything for me.
        Yeah, I just wanted to mark that regressions are bad things and shouldn't generally happen so this is something a bit more significant than other changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          i play this game to.. i just upgrade the lucid to 2.6.34 kernel!
          This is not a bad idea, but if there were a stable mainline kernel repository. Meanwhile, there is only a Kernel PPA site, but no repo. And no, I don't want to follow this site manually to remember about kernel updates...

Too bad they didn't create a usual PPA repo...

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
            No they will release it with known bugs. They always do. Wine's history is a "fix 3 break 4" process.
            They could not bring the Windows experience to Linux without adopting such a policy. :P

Comment

Originally posted by bugmenot2 View Post
              Sounds like an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with how the majority of people install WINE ...... through their package manager i.e not compiled from source.
              Sounds like an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with how the majority of Wine developers are volunteers and that they can't easily test every game for reported bugs. That's why a little effort to help them is always welcome ;-)

Comment

Long time since I tried wine with the OSS r600 drivers. Seems to have improved a lot since then. Used to get a blackscreen with Half-Life 2 ep2, F.E.A.R and a lot of missing vegetation in Far Cry. And look now

Too bad Far Cry is not really playable with my HD 3200. But Evergreen support should be coming soon now

Comment

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
                  Sounds like an excellent opportunity to get acquainted with how the majority of Wine developers are volunteers and that they can't easily test every game for reported bugs. That's why a little effort to help them is always welcome ;-)
                  He's just acting in the spirit of Ubuntu. Take a lot, contribute little.

Comment

Please don't hop on the Ubuntu-bashing bandwagon. I have it and I'm doing lots of tests for Wine, so anything is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fazer View Post
                      Please don't hop on the Ubuntu-bashing bandwagon. I have it and I'm doing lots of tests for Wine, so anything is possible.
                      You are a rare case.

Comment

Working...
                      X