Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gstreamer-vaapi 0.2.2

Hi, gstreamer-vaapi 0.2.2 is now available at:
    splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 0.2.2 - 14.May.2010
    * Fix packaging dependencies
    * Fix a crash in the FFmpeg decoder on close
    * Fix OpenGL texture internal format (Clutter)
    * Fix foreign window size for embedding (Totem)

Version 0.2.1 - 12.May.2010
    * Fix integration within the playbin2 pipeline
    * Fix vaapidecode to expose the HW supported caps only
    * Add GstXOverlay interface to vaapisink (Totem media player)

Besides, Clutter now supports VA-API acceleration through GStreamer:

Comment

A little help? Trying to compile to get gstreamer-vaapi working.

I'm running 10.4. I need a patch to libavcodec (or a recent ffmpeg? not sure if ffmpeg has the neccessary headers) for vaapi headers. Anyone know where I can get this?

Comment

I just grabbed a tarball from here:

And now got it working with Totem. Doesn't seem to do scaling yet though, as illustrated by the screenshot.

But anyway great work Gwenole. Now if only ATI/AMD did their part to get XvBA working with Evergreen.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          And now got it working with Totem. Doesn't seem to do scaling yet though, as illustrated by the screenshot.
          It does but the algorithm I use to compute the render size is probably broken. Normally, it scales to fit the window while preserving the aspect ratio. So, in any case, you should only have black bars either top/bottom or left/right.

Could you please report the outcome of:
          $ GST_DEBUG=vaapisink:5 totem some args
          ?

+ the size of your Totem window + the size of the clip. Those should be available in the log, but just to make sure I retrieve the right data.

Comment

Sure. The log file is over here:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

The reported video size (1280x688) in the log is correct. The size of allocated to the video window from Totem is approximately 1680x856.
            (whole Totem app is 1680x1002)

Comment

gstreamer-vaapi 0.2.3

Hi,

A new version is now available at:
              splitted-desktop.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, splitted-desktop.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Version 0.2.3 - 16.May.2010
              * Fix memory leak of encoded buffers
              * Fix decoder caps to report codec aliases
              * Fix VC-1 decoding through the playbin2 pipeline

Comment

Sure. The log file is over here:

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

The reported video size (1280x688) in the log is correct. The size of allocated to the video window from Totem is approximately 1680x856.
                Thanks, I have released a new version. There is no fix for your problem yet but extra debugging information that may be useful to me. I have an idea of the problem but I would like to confirm, so if you could have new dump, that could help. Thanks.

Comment

I have uploaded a 0.2.4-pre1, it might help your case. At least, I am now using the same algorithms as in xvba-video/vdpau-video to detect foreign window size changes.

Comment

Nope also not working with 0.2.4-pre1. Just to be clear it's only upscaling that doesn't work here, downscaling does work.

Here's the log, same sizes as before:

Comment

Nope also not working with 0.2.4-pre1. Just to be clear it's only upscaling that doesn't work here, downscaling does work.
                      OK, thanks. This should be fixed in the newly uploaded 0.2.4-pre2.

Comment

Working...
                      X