Preparing To Let Go Of GTK+ 2.x For GTK+ 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Yeah I was. Windows is abou the only contstant pressent. If you wanna compare then have the only non constant be the widget framework. I hope for you that you realise what you did there...
    Compared applications for two different functions? Sure, one's a lightweight chat client, one is a lightweight music streamer. Good thing I didn't compare them based on their ability to instant message or stream music.

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    It's also a joke on Linux ... if you are using KDE as your DE.
    I agree.

Comment

GTK+ is not slow. It's just the usual suspects pissing in every GNOME related thread. yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        GTK+ is not slow. It's just the usual suspects pissing in every GNOME related thread. yawn.
        GTK+ is not GNOME related - GNOME is GTK+ related. It's actually an insult to GTK+ to imply otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
          GTK+ is not GNOME related - GNOME is GTK+ related. It's actually an insult to GTK+ to imply otherwise.
          Maybe for you it's an insult. Somehow I doubt it is for the Red Hat employees and GNOME foundation members who are developing and shaping the future of GTK+ and GNOME. But sure whatever you want GTK+ is not GNOME related, LOL.

Also if GTK+ is not GNOME related wouldn't be a better idea if GTK+ used it's own domain to host the git repository, bugzilla, mailing lists, Wiki and developer documentation, instead of hosting them on the gnome.org domain as they are doing now. Might save some confusion

Comment

Originally posted by KAMiKAZOW View Post
            So you want benchmarks to prove that GTK is slower than Qt, but you don't think you need any benchmark to back up your claim that Qt is slower than GTK?

Classic example of bigotry.
            What the hell are you on about?

He essentially said that "Qt feels slower in his experience than GTK" and then asked for benchmarks to see whether that was the case for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
              Maybe for you it's an insult. Somehow I doubt it is for the Red Hat employees and GNOME foundation members who are developing and shaping the future of GTK+ and GNOME. But sure whatever you want GTK+ is not GNOME related, LOL.
              Well, not related in the fashion that it's GIMP toolkit, not Gnome toolkit. GIMP in term is Gnu Image Manipulation Program, also does not include the term Gnome.

Comment

(of course it was pretty much adopted by Gnome as their own and developed by them but anyway)

Comment

Hello everyone and Michael for this great site, this is my first post.

My question: I like gnome and is the DE that I use (I have tested kde, fluxbox, enlinghtment...) Why in every thread about gnome becomes a flamewar? There is so much envy? :P

Comment

It's just like religion or politic. So, nothing special about it

Comment

Originally posted by Khudsa View Post
                      Why in every thread about gnome becomes a flamewar?
                      Because of the same reasons like in KDE threads. However, Gtk is not Gnome, so it's not a thread about Gnome

Comment

Working...
                      X