Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy
    replied
    In my opinion there's no need to turn every KDE or Gnome announcement into a KDE VS Gnome war.

I'd be much more interested in hearing what new or upcoming features, enhancements, and fixes users and developers are excited about.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    The popularity of the GNOME based Ubuntu distro seems to indicate otherwise
    Well, it may be that Ubuntu was the only distro that was dumbed down enough to be popular among the Tom Dick and Harry crowd.

KDE is technically a stronger desktop IMO.

So let the KDE desktop continue marching on

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Correlation != causation.

Anyway... I tried KDE 4.4.1 on Fedora and I am pleased as hell!

I had to enclose a screenshot of the beauty of it Even with 2D accel only with my evergreen =x (can you notice the Gnome-ish network manager there?)http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4550/snapshot1gi.png

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    gnome hurts Linux.... on the Desktop market !

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic KDE SC 4.4.2 Released w/ Fixes

KDE SC 4.4.2 Released w/ Fixes

Phoronix: KDE SC 4.4.2 Released w/ Fixes

The software compilation of KDE 4.4 was released in early February and it will be the latest and greatest version of the KDE Desktop until KDE 4.5 is released in about four more months. While KDE SC 4.4 brought a lot to the table, there's still some bugs and other items continued to be squashed on a monthly basis via new point releases. The second point release for KDE SC 4.4 that brings maintenance updates is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X