Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex-Cyber
    replied
    Frankly, I don't like either one of them. They both need to go for a good long stretch of not adding any more features and just fixing what they have. They're the best "living" demonstrations of Hoare's warning that I know of:

Originally posted by Tony Hoare
    I gave desperate warnings against the obscurity, the complexity, and overambition of the new design, but my warnings went unheeded. I conclude that there are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies.
    Still, good to see work progressing on bugfixes either way.

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    In my opinion there's no need to turn every KDE or Gnome announcement into a KDE VS Gnome war.

I'd be much more interested in hearing what new or upcoming features, enhancements, and fixes users and developers are excited about.

Leave a comment:

• DeepDayze
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    The popularity of the GNOME based Ubuntu distro seems to indicate otherwise
    Well, it may be that Ubuntu was the only distro that was dumbed down enough to be popular among the Tom Dick and Harry crowd.

KDE is technically a stronger desktop IMO.

So let the KDE desktop continue marching on

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by monraaf View Post
    Correlation != causation.

Anyway... I tried KDE 4.4.1 on Fedora and I am pleased as hell!

I had to enclose a screenshot of the beauty of it Even with 2D accel only with my evergreen =x (can you notice the Gnome-ish network manager there?)http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4550/snapshot1gi.png

Leave a comment:

• monraaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    gnome hurts Linux.... on the Desktop market !

Leave a comment:

• Qaridarium
    replied
    great wonderfull super duper!

in my point of view and feeling KDE does big step and brings the Linux Desktop to the TOP..

in my point of view Gnome does that not not so not really not on any kind of thinging...

gnome hurts Linux.... on the Desktop market !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X