Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Software Compilation 4.4.1 Released

Phoronix: KDE Software Compilation 4.4.1 Released

It's been just shy of a month since the release of KDE SC 4.4, but today the 4.4.1 point release for the KDE Software Compilation has been made available. The major highlights for KDE 4.4.1 SC include KMail performance fixes, fixes to Plasma and other desktop widgets, and Konsole fixes. A more complete summary of the KDE SC 4.4.1 changes can be found in the press release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just upgraded from Kubuntu Backports. Haven't tested stuff yet. Biggest problem I still have is launching stuff with kdesu not working properly. Oh, and special character input not working.

Comment

Is there *anything* that works on Kubuntu?

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        Just upgraded from Kubuntu Backports. Haven't tested stuff yet. Biggest problem I still have is launching stuff with kdesu not working properly. Oh, and special character input not working.
        It's kdesudo with systems using "sudo" and not kdesu. Special character issue? Are you using NVIDIA binary drivers by chance?

Comment

kdesu used to work fine and dandy with KDE4.3. kdesudo is displaying the same problems anyway.
          As for special characters, I meant the specifically the hotkeys (ctrl+shift+u+CODE). Again, worked fine on KDE4.3. Only place they work now is in Firefox.
          Kubuntu does tend to have more issues than usual compared to other distros, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a distro specific issue. Hey, at least Plasma doesn't crash anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
            kdesu used to work fine and dandy with KDE4.3. kdesudo is displaying the same problems anyway.
            As for special characters, I meant the specifically the hotkeys (ctrl+shift+u+CODE). Again, worked fine on KDE4.3. Only place they work now is in Firefox.
            Kubuntu does tend to have more issues than usual compared to other distros, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a distro specific issue. Hey, at least Plasma doesn't crash anymore.
            What problem are you having with kdesudo? Anyways, if you upgraded from kde 4.3 to 4.4, I highly suggest to delete/move ~.kde folder so it resets all configurations. This fixed a lot of issues I had after upgrade.

Comment

Comment

Interesting, i'm not experiencing this bug. The bug is also labeled as "UNCONFIRMED".

Once again, try deleting ~.kde folder and restart kde.

Comment

Great! I was waiting for a ".1" release before I tried KDE 4.4 and here it is.

Knowing myself, by the time I get done procrastinating KDE 4.4.3 will be out LOL!

Comment

Been waiting for this release, afaik it fixes an bug that makes plasma pretty ugly when not using compositing.

Comment

Working...
                    X