Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dragoran View Post
    (i.e my sarcasm detector failed )
    Have you filed a bug report yet? Don't forget the logs.

Comment

Coming in Mutter 2.30, on startup it will play its theme song from Rammstein.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        Not anymore, latest GIT change shows it's now Celine Dion.

Comment

For the curious, a preview is already available here.

Edit: what, when did they change it to Celine Dion? Gah!

Comment

At least some valuable reason to switch to Gnome!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Many interesting applications require a compositor these days (and that's a good thing) but you can always fall back Metacity if need be.
              Can you name a few? Or maybe you meant applications which will come with Gnome 3? To turn off the compositor in upcoming Gnome it will be needed to have two WM? This one is good!

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                Can you name a few? Or maybe you meant applications which will come with Gnome 3? To turn off the compositor in upcoming Gnome it will be needed to have two WM? This one is good!
                Gnome Shell, Docky 2 and AWN were the ones I had in mind specifically.

Also, what's the issue with having two WMs? It's not as if they are both running at the same time, so it doesn't make any difference in resource consumption.

Comment

Gnome Shell, Docky 2 and AWN were the ones I had in mind specifically.
                  Ok, I thought about some neutral applications.

Also, what's the issue with having two WMs? It's not as if they are both running at the same time, so it doesn't make any difference in resource consumption.
                  It's a little non optimal IMHO, because it's easier to maintain one WM - fixing bugs, regressions and adding features then to maintain both. People will probably report bugs against Mutter and Metacity and for some newbies it can be confusing - to against which WM report a bug? Of course it's clear theory and maybe it won't make some additional problems.

Comment

Obligatory flame: I thought Gnome was a dead project? Why do they keep pushing updates noone wants?
                    Good question and good point!

The awnser is because it is turned into a zombie.

In other news: Kwin gets tiling support and becomes the most feature rich WM that does xrendr, opengl and has fallback for software.

kthnxbye, your KDE fanboy...

Comment

Hmm, I smell the tasty sound of flames. Run for the hills!

Comment

Working...
                      X