Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compiz Now Supports KDE 4.4 SC

Phoronix: Compiz Now Supports KDE 4.4 SC

While Compiz 0.9 failed to make it out by Christmas and there still are no signs of an imminent release for this popular compositing manager, when it is released it will offer support for the KDE 4.4 Software Compilation. Committed to the Compiz Git code-base last night were KDE4 window decorator changes to make it compatible with this just-released desktop environment update that incorporates six months worth of work from the KDE development community.For those interested in the path that delivers KDE 4.4 support, it can be found via the Compiz Gitweb interface...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm curious to know how many KDE users use compiz, I'd imagine most KDE 4.x folk use kwin instead

Comment

Seriously, who uses newest KDEs with compiz and why? I want to know.

Comment

I think the last interesting update was the polish it got by ubuntu for the karmic release...

Comment

This was a total waste of effort by the compiz community.

Comment

kwin is certainly better for kde. compiz on kde is a joke .

Comment

why should I use compiz? for what reason?

Comment

Compiz should just focus on GNOME and put and effort to get itself integrated with that DE. I'm guessing the GNOME guys are having none of that, or the Compiz guys are happy with the way things are right now. Compiz is nearly useless in KDE, mostly because it breaks stuff. It's still nice to have the option though.

Comment

I for one would like to have it, if it doean't break to much .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ragas View Post
                    I for one would like to have it, if it doean't break to much .....

Question is for what? Kwin4 does pretty much everything that Compiz does, and at least in my findings, is far more stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X