KDE Software Compilation 4.4 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    KDE sucks. Why don't you people just use Gnome? Everybody else does.
    Hat off to you, sir.

Not to mention that xterm runs so much faster on KDE 3.5 than on 4.4. It's amazing how anyone could stand to use KDE 4.4 with such bad xterm performance.

Comment

Michael! please do a review on kde 4.4!

unless you don't like kde. none of us want a biased review...

i know, i know, i don't have a premium account.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
        Hat off to you, sir.

Not to mention that xterm runs so much faster on KDE 3.5 than on 4.4. It's amazing how anyone could stand to use KDE 4.4 with such bad xterm performance.
        Dude you used to be on of the most covert and innovated trolls on Phoronix. Sometimes I felt compelled to respond even though I knew you were trolling. I mean it was just THAT good.

What happened to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Sixpack View Post
          Dude you used to be on of the most covert and innovated trolls on Phoronix. Sometimes I felt compelled to respond even though I knew you were trolling. I mean it was just THAT good.

What happened to you?
          I blame the 1' edit window.

Nope, kidding, my previoius post was serious. I mean, I *was* trolling, but not in the way you think.

You see, earlier today I came across a blog post where someone mentioned that his bash script took 2 minutes to run on Konsole4 vs 30 seconds on Konsole3. (Link: Why I won't use KDE 4.) And although this may be a valid complaint, it *is* pretty ridiculous (hey, just KMS to the console if speed is so important, will you?)

The kicker? The guy is using KDE3 and his blog is aggregated on planet gnome.

How can you pass up such an opportunity?

Then again, Gnome does look like Win2000 so you never know. (Yes, it's been upgraded from Win98, at least according to the commenters on that blog. Cool!)

Comment

Originally posted by bulletxt View Post
            Lol. I hope you get banned for trolling
            You can perhaps hope that he doesn't post again so that he can retain his 1337 post count.

Comment

Originally posted by aaaantoine View Post
              You can perhaps hope that he doesn't post again so that he can retain his 1337 post count.
              This...and hats off to BlackStar and RealINC for being our most outspoken trolls, errrr posters

KDE4.4 looks quite promising so I'll be using it too.

Comment

So, what is (or will be in the near future) a good distro for trying out KDE 4.4? I assume Gentoo would be the obvious choice, but are there any other distros, livecds, etc. that are likely to work well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                  So, what is (or will be in the near future) a good distro for trying out KDE 4.4? I assume Gentoo would be the obvious choice, but are there any other distros, livecds, etc. that are likely to work well?
                  openSUSE probably has one of the best implementations of KDE4 around. (latest versions are built either the same day or slightly before the official announcement).

Comment

Originally posted by Ex-Cyber View Post
                    Mandriva has been a favorite of mine for KDE.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      Who's the other guy that uses gnome?
                      I use gnome. I have gnome based superiorty. Therefore you must possess KDE based inferiority. Because everyone knows you can't be right unless you can make someone else wrong. It's not possible that both KDE and Gnome users are right. The winner gets to have more attention showered on them as they are the HOT ticket. You will suffer greatly for choosing KDE by a lack of support and good apps as we arbitrarily reduce you to your natural inferior position due to you poor skills at preference discernment. Choose gnome "rightousness" before it is too late and you are doomed to your inferior wrongness and must repent and bow before our mighty gnome feet as we trample all over your self esteem with our stinging taunts and mocking nature. LOL

Na you guys are alright. Unless you are using KDE with Arch. Those guys are going to get it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X