• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Adriano ML View Post
    And that's my cool kde 4.4 rc1 desktop:
    Thumbs up for your selection of music Also congrats to whomever got amarok to fix their damned pause/play buttons. Finally thumbs up for the clean and uncluttered window chrome (much better than 4.3).

On the other hand boo for the font madness (not your fault)! Biggest offenders the butt-ugly bold text on taskbar buttons and the even uglier text in "Hardware Info". The latter might be salvage-able with light hinting + subpixel AA, but there's nothing that can save the former. Ugh!

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhick View Post
    That might be just me, but imho my current KDE 4.3 Dolphin looks almost the same?
    Dunno, I have an openSUSE / KDE 4.3 virtual machine and out of the box dolphin looks nothing like this. It's gray, flat and ugly. In fact, it's so bad I no longer fire the VM if I can avoid it.

Originally posted by Adriano ML
    But, for BlackStar pleasure, They are turned off by default on KDE SC 4.4 rc1
    Great! Less fiddling for me == good.

Leave a comment:

• Apopas
    replied
    Move your asses all of you and go vote for this still missing feature. It rocks

Leave a comment:

• Zhick
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    I don't know if this is the default theme, but dolphin is way prettier than before.
    That might be just me, but imho my current KDE 4.3 Dolphin looks almost the same?

Leave a comment:

• Adriano ML
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    The lines on focused windows can be turned off.
    In the end, I think they look good and work great.

But, for BlackStar pleasure, They are turned off by default on KDE SC 4.4 rc1

And that's my cool kde 4.4 rc1 desktop:

Leave a comment:

• panda84
    replied
    Well duh. I'm asking whether the lines are visible on the default theme (key word: default), not whether they can be turned off.
    In 4.4 the stripes are disabled by default thanks to the abilities of the new improved (as in features) Oxygen windeco:
    If you are that type of user that uses KDE from trunk them this might not be new to you, but for the rest of the world here goes a screensh...

Leave a comment:

• sabriah
    replied
    Congratulations to a congenial contribution - Cornelius! A cognomen of conclusion, with no cluttering K:s carelessly clobbering this spectacular accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• bulletxt
    replied
    kde4 is always better and better. it's just a great DE.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    I don't know if this is the default theme, but dolphin is way prettier than before. The screenshot still suffers from font overload (I count at least 7 different styles in that screenshot, not counting colors) and i'm afraid the aggressive lines will rear their ugly head when you activate a window (can anyone confirm?), but on the whole the theme looks like a nice step forward from 4.3.
    There are much nicer Dolphin themes at kde-look.org.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    The lines on focused windows can be turned off.
    Well duh. I'm asking whether the lines are visible on the default theme (key word: default), not whether they can be turned off.

BlackStar, if you don't like the font, just change it with your favorite. There is a pretty nifty font configuration tool on KDE since... well, since KDE 3...
    Of course, but the question is why does a simple pop-up (bottom-right window) need 5 different font color/styles crammed in its 200x300px window? Nitpicky, I know, but I find this rather irritating.

Same thing for dolphin ("FIle" "Edit" vs "Back", "Up" vs "Search..." vs "Type: Folder" to the right) and the taskbar (taskbar buttons use a different font than typical windows and the clock uses a particularly ugly face).
    Last edited by BlackStar; 08 January 2010, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X