Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blindfrog
    replied
    Thanks to Qt 4.6 all the animations are butter smooth now. Overall there are lot's of nice visual enhancements compared to 4.3 Nepomuk and Kwin tabbing rules!!!

Blackstar why are you trolling here? Why don't you make "I<3Gnome" thread somewhere for you Gnome lovers and let us KDE people have our fun here.

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    In the tray, maybe, but I'm talking about the whole them in general compared to the tray icons.

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by SolidSteel144 View Post
    I hope they can change some of the tray icons, I mean the audio icon looks like it came off something from the late 90s. By default everything should be balanced theme wise.
    Doesn't it match the other default icons?

Leave a comment:

• SolidSteel144
    replied
    I hope they can change some of the tray icons, I mean the audio icon looks like it came off something from the late 90s. By default everything should be balanced theme wise.

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    I said the Amarok's default design (as seen in openSUSE 11.2 / KDE 4.3) is braindead and ugly, not that the application is unusable.
    We've got a progress here, nice. However, you said: "Is it really too much to ask for sensible defaults so that: b) it is actually usable out of the box without tweaks?" (flamebait), so I assumed it's unusable out of the box without tweaks. It's obvious, isn't it?

Your response was that [...] is configurable (nice, but irrelevant)
    I was answering to this: "Also congrats to whomever got amarok to fix their damned pause/play buttons." I find it obvious to say it's very easy to change its default look, so it will look different - nicer in your opinion. It was just a tip from my side to inform you how to make it look like on Adriano screenshot. I can only imagine what were you thinking.

and that other, Gnome-related players are even worse (irrelevant *and* flamebait).
    Keep playing. I was wondering why do you complain about Amarok while you didn't complain about Gnome players in previous threads. It makes you a fanboy or a troll in my opinion, because you being a Gnome user usually complain only about KDE apps.

May I ask you something? Why did you think I was referring to Gnome when I said I expect applications to look nice and be usable out of the box? (I was not referring to Gnome, for the record, so your consequent anti-Gnome rant was both unwarranted and trollish - if not completely unexpected).
    It's simple. Basing on my experience I found you're a Gnome fanboy, so I assumed you were referring to Gnome.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    I said the Amarok's default design (as seen in openSUSE 11.2 / KDE 4.3) is braindead and ugly, not that the application is unusable. Your response was that Amarok looks ok to you (fair enough), is configurable (nice, but irrelevant) and that other, Gnome-related players are even worse (irrelevant *and* flamebait).

May I ask you something? Why did you think I was referring to Gnome when I said I expect applications to look nice and be usable out of the box? (I was not referring to Gnome, for the record, so your consequent anti-Gnome rant was both unwarranted and trollish - if not completely unexpected).

Leave a comment:

• kraftman
    replied
    That's because I tend to name my complaints in places where it can actually make a difference, namely in bug reports and feature requests. However, I've commented and nitpicked on many Gnome-related discussions on phoronix, too. My post history is public if you wish to seacrh.
    Why aren't you doing the same when comes to KDE? You commented a lot about Gnome, but rather like its fanboy.

There's absolutely no need to get all defensive ("get a better theme" or "you can change the defaults, you know" or "gnome sucks worse anyway") or offensive ("go tell the gnome developers first"). Seriously, stop doing that, it's not conductive to discussion.
    I just wondered how it's possible big icons made Amarok useless? Then I started to wonder how it's possible some other players are useful while they're less configurable then Amarok and their design isn't better, but rather much worse? I should expect you'll start talking some bull now. I asked you at least two times for something, but you said nothing.

The card was a jab at your attitude.
    I don't think so. It matches perfectly your attitude - it's enough to change some words there.

I've already explained what I don't like in amarok's default look: it's the huge, overlapping icons. They simply don't make any sense from a design or usability perspective (if they did, why isn't this design used anywhere else in KDE?) I do believe that this decision was braindead in a "look, we are different!" kind of way and that Adriano's layout looks way more professional.
    It's easier to click large icon and there's no similar player to Amarok in KDE, so maybe such icons fit only there. It doesn't change a fact your attitude was very trollish. Your a Gnome fanboy, so I'm not surprised :>
    Last edited by kraftman; 09 January 2010, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
    I didn't say that and I didn't name those little things myself... Just that I have not seen you name them anywhere else
    That's because I tend to name my complaints in places where it can actually make a difference, namely in bug reports and feature requests. However, I've commented and nitpicked on many Gnome-related discussions on phoronix, too. My post history is public if you wish to seacrh.

Leave a comment:

• val-gaav
    replied
    I find it curious that you think one should comment on Gnome's deficiencies in a KDE thread. There are many things that irk me in Gnome, too, but this is not the place to discuss them.

I didn't say that and I didn't name those little things myself... Just that I have not seen you name them anywhere else

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    I find it curious that you think one should comment on Gnome's deficiencies in a KDE thread. There are many things that irk me in Gnome, too, but this is not the place to discuss them.

As I plainly said, I nitpick. I want things to work and look as good as they can without me having to go in and modify them any more than necessary. If you don't agree with this, that's fine: say why and let it go.

@kraftman: There's absolutely no need to get all defensive ("get a better theme" or "you can change the defaults, you know" or "gnome sucks worse anyway") or offensive ("go tell the gnome developers first"). Seriously, stop doing that, it's not conductive to discussion.

The card was a jab at your attitude.

I've already explained what I don't like in amarok's default look: it's the huge, overlapping icons. They simply don't make any sense from a design or usability perspective (if they did, why isn't this design used anywhere else in KDE?) I do believe that this decision was braindead in a "look, we are different!" kind of way and that Adriano's layout looks way more professional.
    Last edited by BlackStar; 09 January 2010, 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

Working...
X