No announcement yet.

XBMC 9.11 Camelot Released For The Holidays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It probably wouldn't be that hard to reverse engineer the API now that a wrapper is available. IMHO the real problem is that XvbA requires fglrx.

Comment

Well you still can implement a vaapi backend. The specs are open and psb has got also vaapi support (intel too, but currently only mpeg2). For testing there is also a vdpau-video wrapper. vlc tries that too, but it does not work for me currently. It worked partly with nvidia, but never with fglrx, maybe because of the way you have to access it - only opengl mode is supported when you use mplayer for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by mibo View Post
        despite your name I agree that your statement makes sense, BUT
        there must be something like an SDK and the documentation because somebody could use it and get it working. So it seems to me that XVBA SDK/documentation just has to be released - this should involve not too much manpower.
        Thus I think not open it up is stupid as it drives away customers.
        Again,
        As their code/HW may (actually do)contain IP form other companies/individuals, All of them must to agree to open it. And they probably will not for a while. So they are not stupid in any way.
        Calling others "stupid" isn't the smartest thing
        As one of my friends likes to say "If you are so smart, where is your money"

Comment

Originally posted by n0nsense View Post
          Again,
          As their code/HW may (actually do)contain IP form other companies/individuals, All of them must to agree to open it. And they probably will not for a while. So they are not stupid in any way.
          Calling others "stupid" isn't the smartest thing
          As one of my friends likes to say "If you are so smart, where is your money"
          Even if their SDK contains IP that prevents opening it up, releasing documentation would be a good start.
          I hope to excuse the use of "stupid" with my limited English vocabulary. And, my definition of "smart" differs from that one of your friend.

Comment

Working...
          X