Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
    Yup, even Linux isn't perfect...
    I dunno, I run KDE 4.3.x here with the FOSS R600/R700 drivers and everything works marvelously - even 3D effects.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Probably,
      "It only works right with blobs...."
      Indeed, KDE has come a long way from the days of blob users waiting months for a patch that allowed their high-end 3D cards to run at a usable speed under 4.0.

Now it's the FOSS users' turn to wait, but instead of essential 2D functionality, they're only missing out on some frivolous eye-candy.

Just a little perspective.

Comment

Well just installed it, definitely feels snappier but still disappointed by the lack of backend engine settings in Phonon. Time to start putting some of those advance settings in so tweakers can fine tune it without hand editing config files.

Comment

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
          4.4 Is the real deal! Just awesome!
          Agreed...looks like KD4 finally is reaching maturity and stability. Hopefully KDE 4.4 will be as fast and stable as KDE 3.5.10 was,so I can finally dump Debian Lenny for good.

Comment

Any signs of Mono infection yet?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
              Any signs of Mono infection yet?
              Koffice doesn't even want to support Microsoft Office files. I wouldn't count on it...

Comment

Ah, ok. I guess the KDE Software Compilation is not for me then.

Comment

Ah, ok. I guess the KDE Software Compilation is not for me then.
                  Like you would ever even consider dumping Gnome for the KDE SC Even if it had full mono, exchange and MS Office support

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    Like you would ever even consider dumping Gnome for the KDE SC Even if it had full mono, exchange and MS Office support
                    Honestly, I don't think there's any compelling reason to switch from the DE you are most familiar with right now (Gnome to KDE or vice versa). Functionality-wise, KDE and Gnome are pretty similar to each other, with the differences being mostly cosmetic. (Oops, now I've done it. Preemptive agreement: yes, Qt is like 100m times better than GTK, and no there's no comparison between KDESC's media player - I forget its name - and Rythmbox/Banshee and yes Gnome is infected with the Mono crap and we shouldn't use it ).

I'm mostly interested if it is possible to use Qt from Mono in any meaningful way yet.
                    Last edited by BlackStar; 22 December 2009, 05:42 AM.

Comment

I'm mostly interested if it is possible to use Qt from Mono in any meaningful way yet.
                      Look for Qyoto:

Comment

Working...
                      X