Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blindfrog View Post
    I wish flash would just die. Perfect example why web needs to remain as open as possible. Gnash is neat but it's just too much behind adobe's implementation and there for it's basically useless for majority of people.

http://www.chromeexperiments.com/ those demos beat any flash crap anytime. Even ie is supposed supports them well with that "chrome" plugin.
    Eeeh?! Those demos were presented on Youtube, which requires? Yes, Flash. So much for Chrome adoption...

Comment

How about this can of worms? Moonlight decodes with ffmpeg which now supports VDPAU. Really Adobe? You're gonna let Moonlight trample on your turf by accident? I know Silverlight isn't going anywhere but still...

Comment

Originally posted by d2kx View Post
        No 64-bit support, no video acceleration with any card on Linux, crashes browsers and overall performance sucks. Business as usual for Adobe.
        This

Par for the course it seems.

Adobe claims they are for opensource, but appears that they can't code for crap

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        How about this can of worms? Moonlight decodes with ffmpeg which now supports VDPAU. Really Adobe? You're gonna let Moonlight trample on your turf by accident? I know Silverlight isn't going anywhere but still...

Now a lucky accident for good ol MS, isn't it?
        Unless by now MS groks Linux to some extent better than Adobe

Comment

Who cares about IE ...
          My cousin called to ask me if it's OK to install Firefox (on Windows) because some site with videos (flash) stated that they does not support IE, only FF will work.
          So if my computer illiterate cousin can install FF, i believe everyone can.

Comment

they probably redirected your cousin to a site where he can download Firefox, if he subscribes to their service for 29$ * 24 Month

Comment

Originally posted by frische View Post
              they probably redirected your cousin to a site where he can download Firefox, if he subscribes to their service for 29$ * 24 Month
              Yes and no
              These sites are free to use (mostly Russian content with very low quality videos).
              And there was usual "Get Firefox" banner
              The question was "is it OK to install it" not "where should i get and how to install that FF thing "

Comment

Who cares about VDPAU ? HD flash HD videos play just fine when I download them and play in VLC or Smplayer, then again the same videos are tearing like crazy when played with normal flash player...

This is something Adobe should fix first before implementing support for VDPAU or any other system like that.

Comment

This build is the buggiest public beta of Flash 10 I've ever tested

- YouTube HQ videos are now all pink, with all kinds of weird artifacts

- Now it burns even more CPU cycles than before

- No hardware H.264 acceleration on HD2000 and HD3000 series of ATI cards (even under Windows!), but you can have fully accelerated playback with the shittiest 8000 series nVidia card (these cards have an inferior video processor compared to ATI's UVD1).

Still waiting for HTML5 video support in Opera 10.10 (the best browser for Linux ATM) and then Flash can finally go in the trash (where it belongs).
                  Last edited by tuxdriver; 18 November 2009, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tuxdriver View Post
                    This build is the crappiest release of Flash I've ever seen
                    This isn't a release, it is a public Beta. You wouldn't expect Fedora Rawhide, Debian Sid, OpenSUSE Factory, or Mandriva Cooker to work 100% so why the double standard in expecting 100% from a closed sourced _Beta_ release?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxdriver View Post
                      This build is the crappiest release of Flash I've ever seen
                      Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                      This isn't a release, it is a public Beta.
                      Also, as a public beta one would think Adobe would be receptive to bug reports.

Comment

Working...
                      X