No announcement yet.

Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Beta For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 64-bit support, no video acceleration with any card on Linux, crashes browsers and overall performance sucks. Business as usual for Adobe.

Comment

Originally posted by n0nsense View Post
      Video should be definitely streamed in more open format.
      I'm tired of flash video sites.
      I have played with "native video" in Firefox, and starting with 3.6 it become completely useful (full screen mode added)
      I'll have to check if it can be accelerated.
      anyway, the experience and quality was much better than Flash.
      I was watching the Big Buck Bunny

smaller 720 and 480 also available at the same place
      Yeah for html5:

It's only a demo. Now if only they made all their video's available like this I'm sure other sites would follow.

Note: currently only available as mp4 file, so works with Chromium but not with Firefox.

Comment

...Flash Player 10.1 features the first runtime release of the Open Screen Project, mobility optimizations...
        Hear hear! "Flash" and "optimizations" in the same sentence! That's just rich, and not in the "rich Internet application" sense.

OTOH, Adobe should just make Flash multi-threaded for Linux. With support for 4096 CPUs, that should be enough for 1080p Youtube, amirite?

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
          Yeah for html5:

It's only a demo. Now if only they made all their video's available like this I'm sure other sites would follow.

Note: currently only available as mp4 file, so works with Chromium but not with Firefox.
          This is too good!!!! Watching a Html5 demo in flash. ROTFL!

Comment

I started a thread asking for explanation of no VDPAU support on Linux at Adobe's forum - please throw in your support there: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525931?tstart=0

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown96 View Post
              What you see there is not Flash. (If you right-click on the player you'll see the browser's menu, not the usual Flash menu.)

Comment

Originally posted by jbrown96 View Post
                What are you talking about? There's no flash on that page, it's html5.

Comment

It's time for HTML5! Ogg Theora ftw.

Comment

Sadly HTM5 doesn't exist in IE. Until it does it can't be used by most content providers.

IE, where Innovation Ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      Sadly HTM5 doesn't exist in IE. Until it does it can't be used by most content providers.

IE, where Innovation Ends.
                      I believe there's a plugin called ChromeFrame which fixes this

Comment

Working...
                      X