That doesn't make it right.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      Read what gnome fanboys write on blogs.
      A quick search on Planet Gnome begs to differ with you:

Comment

Originally posted by Kazade View Post
        That doesn't make it right.
        I know, kde fanboys aren't better, but attacks are from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by seanhodges View Post
          A quick search on Planet Gnome begs to differ with you:

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=0075255...&cof=FORID%3A0
          It depends what blogs and I didn't mean Gnome devs blogs or only Gnome related blogs, but in general.

Comment

It depends what blogs and I didn't mean Gnome devs blogs or only Gnome related blogs, but in general.
            Why do you bother reading those?

I thought you meant blogs from people who are related to the Gnome project, not the bored kids venting on their LiveJournal sites.

Comment

Originally posted by seanhodges View Post
              Why do you bother reading those?

I thought you meant blogs from people who are related to the Gnome project, not the bored kids venting on their LiveJournal sites.
              I don't read them. Devs probably don't play in such things. Kazade said it's sad that supporters of one OSS project would flame another one and I just wanted to point there are also attacks from other side.

Comment

I don't read them. Devs probably don't play in such things. Kazade said it's sad that supporters of one OSS project would flame another one and I just wanted to point there are also attacks from other side.
                It is sad. No matter where the attacks are coming from. The difference is, the attacks you are referring to are from unknown people. We can't do much about that. The attacks against GNOME I'm referring to are right here in this thread and so I'm pointing those out in the hope that perhaps those posters will in future make more constructive comments, rather than flaming.

Comment

Originally posted by sabriah View Post
                  Am I the only one who thinks that KDE 5.0 and Gnome 4.0 should be the same and only?
                  Nope you are not the only one. To all your valid points I should also add that if linux is to gain % in marketshare it should have one desktop... For normal people OS is the GUI they see not the kernel that works under the gui.

Originally posted by Kazade View Post
                  Could there be more integration between the two projects? Definitely. Is there unnecessary duplication, yes. Should both desktops switch to one toolkit... no, I don't think so.
                  Actually switching to one toolkit would be a great thing... since Qt can imitate the GNOME HIG and style it would be a great choice. It also has developer base and is in better shape then gtk+ development which is a bit lacking in manpower ...

All those "this is gtk+ app so it doesn't look good in kde" or "this is qt app so it sucks in gnome was a major of linux and to certain degree it still is .. It goes deeper then just theme so pointing users to use qtcurve or whatever theme that is made for both toolkits does not cut it. OK cancel vx Cancel OK ... filepickers print dialogs etc. etc.

and it goes even deeper with people who absolutely refuse to use qt aps in gnome or qt apps in kde ... Thanks to that we not only have 2 desktop environments but also numerous fragmentation in third party apps like music players, mediaplayers and so on... because you know whenever there is a good qt or gtk+ app someone has to do a clone using the other toolkit ...

Basing both kde ang gnome on the same toolkit and technology would be a blessing for linux, though yeah I know it's not going to happen.

Comment

go, tell that the gnomers. They splitt off. They do everything they can to stay incompatible and screw over KDE.

Go tell gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                      go, tell that the gnomers. They splitt off. They do everything they can to stay incompatible and screw over KDE.

Go tell gnome.
                      I know I'm feeding the troll here... but how exactly do the GNOME devs "do everything they can to stay incompatible and screw over KDE" exactly?

All I see is that they are pursuing one vision of a desktop and KDE is pursuing another. It's not deliberate sabotage, and both desktops follow the freedesktop.org standards so if anything they are working towards being more compatible.

But yeah, you just sit there act like a child, instead of you know, making constructive points like an adult.

Comment

Working...
                      X