Strangest Linux Problem Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
    Best thing to do is to rip pulseaudio out of the system entirely. Unfortunately you're using Ubuntu so that's not an option; it infects everything right down to gdm.
    Thankfully Kubuntu doesn't use it. There's some pulseaudio package installed, but It's not running.

Comment

Solution

Problem solved!

It was this bug:
      Binary package hint: hedgewars This is reproducible. I just start a local single player game, when I try to exit the game does not exit. The cpu usage is 100%, top processes are hedgewars and hwengine. Killing hwengine will exit the game. ProblemType: Bug Architecture: amd64 Date: Sun Oct 18 19:37:29 2009 DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10 NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx Package: hedgewars 0.9.11-5 ProcEnviron: LANGUAGE=pt_PT.UTF-8 PATH=(custom, user) LANG=pt_PT.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash ProcVersionSig...

It's an SDL audio issue, and virtually all linux OpenGL games are SDL-based.

So the solution was to remove libsdl1.2debian-alsa and install libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio.
      Go figure right?

Comment

Originally posted by unimatrix View Post
        Problem solved!

It was this bug:
        Binary package hint: hedgewars This is reproducible. I just start a local single player game, when I try to exit the game does not exit. The cpu usage is 100%, top processes are hedgewars and hwengine. Killing hwengine will exit the game. ProblemType: Bug Architecture: amd64 Date: Sun Oct 18 19:37:29 2009 DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10 NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx Package: hedgewars 0.9.11-5 ProcEnviron: LANGUAGE=pt_PT.UTF-8 PATH=(custom, user) LANG=pt_PT.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash ProcVersionSig...

It's an SDL audio issue, and virtually all linux OpenGL games are SDL-based.

So the solution was to remove libsdl1.2debian-alsa and install libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio.
        Go figure right?

Great to hear this is fixed. And basically a great bit THANK YOU for posting the details and solution of the problem. This just helped me out.

Comment

Working...
        X