X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by StringCheesian View Post
    Does that mean if I enable javascript for a web 2.0 site, it also enables javascript for the third party stuff like obnoxious ads?

Noscript for Firefox is better than that. It lists the various servers that were downloaded from for this page and lets you enable/disable javascript for each.
    Opera has a Greaselike-compatible extension API. These two scripts looks similar to what you describe.

Check out the forums, there are tons of other extensions worth looking into. Firefox is more flexible, true, but I've yet to find a (useful) extension that doesn't have a direct equivalent in Opera.

Edit: fixed links.

Leave a comment:

• StringCheesian
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackStar View Post
    It's built-in. Disable Javascript globablly (Preferences -> Advanced -> Content) and enable it only for sites you wish (F12 -> enable Javascript).
    Does that mean if I enable javascript for a web 2.0 site, it also enables javascript for the third party stuff like obnoxious ads?

Noscript for Firefox is better than that. It lists the various servers that were downloaded from for this page and lets you enable/disable javascript for each.

Leave a comment:

• Ant P.
    replied
    amd64 Qt4 builds
    Really? If Opera finally has a native interface that isn't just a bad emulation like Firefox 2 was, instead of shipping with that joke "Windows Native" theme, then they've finally fixed the #1 thing I hate about it the most.

Leave a comment:

• charlie
    replied
    From a cutting edge developer's perspective there is just a sigh indicating, 'Finally, SVG animation and SVG font embedding and XSLT are here (the most important features).'

As for the other features, I am reminded of the saying, "Beauty is only skin deep."

Opera still crashes with some xsl pages.

Leave a comment:

• BlackStar
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    Is there a NoScript equivalent for Opera? That in combination with Adblock is essential for me.
    It's built-in. Disable Javascript globablly (Preferences -> Advanced -> Content) and enable it only for sites you wish (F12 -> enable Javascript).

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    I wonder how long before ad blocking programs are subject to a lawsuite from the advertisers as they are offering a product that directly hurts the advertisers revenue. Admittedly this will probably first happen in the States.
    Hard to find a target with open source software. It's just a case of an outdated business model really. I'm surprised TiVo hasn't been targeted yet though.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by krazy View Post
    Is there a NoScript equivalent for Opera? That in combination with Adblock is essential for me.
    You can modify script behavior with, F12 > Edit site preferences

Leave a comment:

• krazy
    replied
    • Built-in adblocker.
    amd64 Qt4 builds
    Although having a "native" kde interface (especially the Save As dialog) would be awesome.. I'll have to check it out

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by d2kx View Post
    I should have been a bit more clear probably... I am still using Firefox primarily, but using Chrome too for fun and the extension support that will bring adblock etc. is pretty much done and will be introduced very soon.
    I wonder how long before ad blocking programs are subject to a lawsuite from the advertisers as they are offering a product that directly hurts the advertisers revenue. Admittedly this will probably first happen in the States.

Leave a comment:

• d2kx
    replied
    However, isn't what you are saying a bit contradictory? Chrome doesn't have adblocking at all but this doesn't keep you from using it!
    I should have been a bit more clear probably... I am still using Firefox primarily, but using Chrome too for fun and the extension support that will bring adblock etc. is pretty much done and will be introduced very soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X