Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.1 Released With Easier Remote Desktop Support, Wayland Explicit Sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma 6.1 Released With Easier Remote Desktop Support, Wayland Explicit Sync

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.1 Released With Easier Remote Desktop Support, Wayland Explicit Sync

Right on schedule today KDE released Plasma 6.1 as the first feature update to the Plasma 6 desktop stack that debuted back in February...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The best desktop environment becomes even better. 🥳🎉

Comment

Arch has the packages listed (at least in testing) so I'll upgrade later today.

Comment

updated: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2175142098

Comment

Debian unstable is still stuck on 5.27.11 . The short lived hope of them staying current seems to have died after Norbert Preining left.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
            Debian unstable is still stuck on 5.27.11 . The short lived hope of them staying current seems to have died after Norbert Preining left.
            Well, 5.27.11 is less stable than 6.1 on Wayland so... maybe they are taking the "unstable" part literally.

Comment

Has triple buffering made the overview effect any less janky? I've had to move away from KDE because the new animation backend runs like ass on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by eltimablo View Post
                Has triple buffering made the overview effect any less janky? I've had to move away from KDE because the new animation backend runs like ass on my machine.
                Switching DEs made more sense to you than simply turning off offending animations?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Switching DEs made more sense to you than simply turning off offending animations?
                  I use Silverblue and find Present Windows to be extremely jarring without animations, so yes, moving over to Gnome made sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                    I love KDE as much as the next guy, but he's got a point. I cannot find the checkbox to disable 'Show window contents while dragging/resizing' so I am stuck with severe page tearing in VMs whenever I drag a window. The checkbox used to be there, removed at some point, dawg knows why.

Comment

Working...
                    X