No announcement yet.

LibreOffice 24.8 Beta Now Available For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LibreOffice 24.8 Beta Now Available For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

Phoronix: LibreOffice 24.8 Beta Now Available For Testing This Free Software Office Suite

LibreOffice 24.8 is now available in beta form for those wanting to test this open-source, cross-platform office suite alternative to the likes of Microsoft Office...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What about multithreading on the rest of LibreOffice? Did they improve that?

Comment

Hopefully at some day they move to a better build-system, instead of autotools+gbuild.
      It's hard to work with something that's was only created for a specific project with no documentation.
      Same applies to boost with their b2 build-system , but they are moving to CMake.

Comment

In what language was this title written?

Comment

My first post.

How is anyone using LibreOffice Calc? Any time I try to do real life work with it I get terrible slowdowns (on powerful hardware no less), and a lack of proper scripting language. Using the same data sets works perfectly fine under Excel and even Google Sheets. No performance issues, or any other issue.

Is it me or is there something wrong with Calc?

Comment

Originally posted by Kruno View Post
            My first post.

How is anyone using LibreOffice Calc? Any time I try to do real life work with it I get terrible slowdowns (on powerful hardware no less), and a lack of proper scripting language. Using the same data sets works perfectly fine under Excel and even Google Sheets. No performance issues, or any other issue.

Is it me or is there something wrong with Calc?
            No, for me as well. The two biggest strengths of Excel is first VBA, then Pivot Tables. LibreOffice Calc's Pivot Table function is at least 30 years behind MS Excel (somewhat on pair with what it was in the 80s-90s), and the scripting with Java is totally inferior to VBA. It takes equally the time and training to just declare objects in Java as to write an entire program in VBA that does the job.

Calc's massive inferiority to Excel is the main reason I cannot move away from MS Office. I would hope this would have gotten more support to move forwad with regards to how many businesses/entities that would be interested in getting rid of Microsoft Excel only due to the later privacy issues.

Comment

Working...
            X