Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox 127 With 32-bit x86 Linux Pretending To Be "x86_64" To Reduce Fingerprinting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
    That probably describes a lot of us from a lot of countries. Over here, I'm more worried about the Orange Dumbass winning and my governor Sarah Sanders than I am my President. Between the shit show he inherited from the previous administration, the Clusterfuck Congress he has to work with, and the right wing activist Judiciary System attacking the progress our society has made over past 100 years, I think Joe Biden has done a pretty decent job.
    That's literally first world problems in comparison to his. He lives in a terrorist nation (that's not middle eastern/muslim).

Comment

I wouldn't expect to find it here either.
      I log into the game and they are arguing about US politics and presidents.
      I come here and the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

That probably describes a lot of us from a lot of countries. Over here, I'm more worried about the Orange Dumbass winning and my governor Sarah Sanders than I am my President. Between the shit show he inherited from the previous administration, the Clusterfuck Congress he has to work with, and the right wing activist Judiciary System attacking the progress our society has made over past 100 years, I think Joe Biden has done a pretty decent job.
        Pretty sure Birdie said somewhere he was Russian, though. If that's not my memory playing tricks on me, he'd be 100% justified for hating, in his words, the "criminals and murderers" acting as "president and government of [his] country", far more than any american out there.
        Last edited by Fifteen; 11 June 2024, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifteen View Post
          ... far more than any american out there.
          Are you sure? Americans start unjustified wars/invasions all over the world, destabilize foreign countries and governments, systematically torture people in prisons, kill innocent people all over the world with drones, do mass-surveillance of their own citizens and execute political persecution of critics and whistleblowers. That's just of the top of my head and possibly more than enough reason to hate the government.
          Hating the left or right puppet that is currently installed as president is surly a bit silly because they are not doing any of this they are just there to bring it to the people and keep the media busy.

Comment

Pretty sure Birdie said somewhere he was Russian, though. If that's not my memory playing tricks on me, he'd be 100% justified for hating, in his words, the "criminals and murderers" acting as "president and government of [his] country", far more than any american out there.
            I know where he's from, that's why I mentioned being worried by his country's best spy, Agent Orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Anux View Post
              The UA is only a small part of the fingerprinting algorithm. Probably changing it to 64 bit if you're really on 32 will make you more unique. Leaving it away will make you easily identifiable.
              You can test it yourself: https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ https://amiunique.org/fingerprint

The best thing you could do is perfectly simulating a Win 10 64 chrome header (including supported codecs, fonts, ...) but it might lead to some incompatibilities in the web. This might still be not perfect because of different CSS/DOM behavior in the browsers.
              That's not enough and I've been thinking hard and long about it.

With Chrome you can enumerate audio devices, via WebGL you can learn the user's GPU, you get get the user time zone, you can learn whether the user is using an ad blocker and I guess there's a dozen more unique data points. This game has long been lost.

I've heard the Tor browser does everything to stop fingerprinting but it has so few users, you're already marked if you're using it.

Comment

Your memory serves you well.

Comment

Are you sure? Americans start unjustified wars/invasions all over the world, destabilize foreign countries and governments, systematically torture people in prisons, kill innocent people all over the world with drones, do mass-surveillance of their own citizens and execute political persecution of critics and whistleblowers. That's just of the top of my head and possibly more than enough reason to hate the government.
                  Hating the left or right puppet that is currently installed as president is surly a bit silly because they are not doing any of this they are just there to bring it to the people and keep the media busy.
                  Secret American History 101: The American Revolution wasn't really about taxes, it was because the King enforced land treaties with the various Native tribes. "No Taxation Without Representation" is just a catchy phrase; good branding. With England out of the way, the newly formed American government was able to use law to justify Western Expansion, Manifest Destiny, and Divine Providence, or genocide and mass imprisonment if you weren't one of them. The land and resources are immensely more valuable than the 1 to 2% in taxes they paid relative to their income unlike the 20-40% in taxes we, Americans, pay these days or the 5 to 7% mainland British paid back them. Do y'all really think it was over taxes when put into that perspective?

"From Sea to Shining Sea" isn't much different than "From the River to the Sea".

The balls the colonists gained fighting for the British during Seven Year War against is what formed America. If we're born here, live here, and we're gonna fight and die for here, we should control it and it should be ours. That is the sentiment started America.
                  Last edited by skeevy420; 11 June 2024, 11:37 AM.

Comment

There's a sense of injustice and lawlessness in what you're saying, and I don't think many Americans are proud of it. Where I live, the government has become a legalized mafia. The law is a complete joke and people get locked up depending on how the Führer feels about what you've done. Political assassinations have become the norm. Businesses are raided left and right.

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post

There's a sense of injustice and lawlessness in what you're saying, and I don't think many Americans are proud of it. Where I live, the government has become a legalized mafia. The law is a complete joke and people get locked up depending on how the Führer feels about what you've done. Political assassinations have become the norm. Businesses are raided left and right.
                      Did you ever hear about those right winger Canadians that moved to Russia because they thought it was the anti-LGBTQ holy land, didn't speak the language, and were upset that the people treated them like immigrants that didn't know the culture and that the Russian government took their money?

They ended up apologizing to the government for voicing their opinion that they were upset about all that. I can't believe people in my country want that kind of government. Bunch of morons who all think they're part of the special club. It's a big club and you ain't in it. I wish people here would take the words of people like you to heart.

Last edited by skeevy420; 11 June 2024, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X