• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Spaceport
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post

Uh, NVENC was working already through ffmpeg. I've been using it for ages:

<https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2016/1...-really-great/>

If it wasn't working for you, it means ffmpeg on your system was built without NVENC support. It's just that now NVENC is used directly by OBS, and of course shared texture is new as well.
    Working via ffmpeg is yet another thing that can fall apart during a stream. I don't want chains of things that can fail during a stream, they often do. It was not built in until now and that's big news for me. If you want to parse what the person I responded to was stating, more power to ya. This however is a big feature addition in my book.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Digital Spaceport View Post

No I've been waiting on this feature for streaming for a while now. I can finally put a decent OS on my stream machine.
    Uh, NVENC was working already through ffmpeg. I've been using it for ages:

<https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2016/1...-really-great/>

If it wasn't working for you, it means ffmpeg on your system was built without NVENC support. It's just that now NVENC is used directly by OBS, and of course shared texture is new as well.
    Last edited by RealNC; 09 June 2024, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Digital Spaceport
    replied
    Originally posted by emansom View Post
    Thought OBS already supported NVENC on Linux?
    No I've been waiting on this feature for streaming for a while now. I can finally put a decent OS on my stream machine.

Leave a comment:

• emansom
    replied
    Thought OBS already supported NVENC on Linux?

Leave a comment:

• Sethox
    replied
    Originally posted by 3lfk1ng View Post
    In the last few weeks it feels like NVIDIA is finally starting to see some love.
    I really hope this trend continues.
    It's not that Nvidia gets some love, it's that there are unofficial functional drivers from the open source community.. granted, with some official Nvidia code, lately.

Kinda makes things easier for making a modern Nvidia card to work on a platform such as Linux.

Leave a comment:

• 3lfk1ng
    replied
    In the last few weeks it feels like NVIDIA is finally starting to see some love.
    I really hope this trend continues.

Leave a comment:

• Quaternions
    replied
    This is massive, shared texture encoding means zero-copy, like shadowplay! With this version, all the patches I apply are upstream and I can use the system package. I carried a SRT multi-track audio patch for nearly 2 years!

Leave a comment:

• OBS Studio 30.2 Beta Brings Native NVENC Encoder Support On Linux

Phoronix: OBS Studio 30.2 Beta Brings Native NVENC Encoder Support On Linux

Out for testing this weekend is the OBS Studio 30.2 beta software for those into live-streaming their desktop and other screen recording purposes. With the OBS Studio 30.2 release there are video encode improvements for Linux, support for multi-track video streaming, hybrid MP4 output, and other new features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X