Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.1 Is Looking To Be A "Good One"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • KDE Plasma 6.1 Is Looking To Be A "Good One"

    Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.1 Is Looking To Be A "Good One"

    The KDE Plasma 6.1 desktop is due for release in a little more than one week. Prominent KDE developer Nate Graham thinks this is going to be a "good one" with a lot of new features, better performance, and more...

    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

  • #2
    This is true of every KDE release. Every year promises to be the Linux desktop year, and the Linux desktop year is always the next year.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by edxposed View Post
      This is true of every KDE release. Every year promises to be the Linux desktop year, and the Linux desktop year is always the next year.
      For many of us Linux desktop year happened many years ago. For iphone kids there is GNOME.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by V1tol View Post

        For many of us Linux desktop year happened many years ago. For iphone kids there is GNOME.
        I've been exclusively using a linux desktop since 2019.
        No more Windows dual boot.

        Comment


        • #5
          >KWin should no longer crash when apps do weird things and for some reason two drag operations end up happening at once (Vlad Zahorodnii, Plasma 6.1.0. Link)​

          This seems like a weird hack rather than a fix. If you have several people using the same desktop, being able to have 2 drag and drop operations happening at same time is highly desirable.

          Comment


          • #6
            Improved performance of "basically everything" where the ~/.cache/ folder is located on a slow disk like a hard drive.
            Huh?..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
              >KWin should no longer crash when apps do weird things and for some reason two drag operations end up happening at once (Vlad Zahorodnii, Plasma 6.1.0. Link)​

              This seems like a weird hack rather than a fix. If you have several people using the same desktop, being able to have 2 drag and drop operations happening at same time is highly desirable.
              One device can have multiple graphical sessions, but each session can only have one active user. What you described would require multiple mouse cursors, which would be a far bigger “hack”.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

                One device can have multiple graphical sessions, but each session can only have one active user. What you described would require multiple mouse cursors, which would be a far bigger “hack”.
                multiple mouse cursors exists in x11 and in wayland.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by EphemeralEft View Post

                  One device can have multiple graphical sessions, but each session can only have one active user. What you described would require multiple mouse cursors, which would be a far bigger “hack”.
                  Or, you know, plug in more than one mouse because there's no shortage of USB ports.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post

                    multiple mouse cursors exists in x11 and in wayland.
                    I stand by my statement that it's a horrific (and rarely used) hack.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X