X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goddard
    replied
    Originally posted by slagiewka View Post

This! It's riddiculous how bad Qt support is in Gnome and how Gtk support is done well enough in KDE.
    You can blame Gnome devs for that because in Plasma Gnome apps are styled and scaled really well.

Leave a comment:

• Goddard
    replied
    I love the fact they are using rust, tiling, and doing custom work. I hate the fact it looks like a toddlers computer.

I know they are moving from Gnome to Cosmic, but I hope they find a new design.

Leave a comment:

• MrCooper
    replied

This! It's riddiculous how bad Qt support is in Gnome and how Gtk support is done well enough in KDE.
    You do realize this is largely down to Qt & GTK themselves?

Leave a comment:

• ahrs
    replied

That's because Red Hat / Fedora stopped working on QGNOMEPlatform:

Qt's modular nature extends beyond simple tweaks like CSS. You can provide real deep integration into your platform but because this requires dealing with private headers and tends to break a lot, Fedora couldn't be bothered anymore.

Leave a comment:

• scottishduck
    replied
    Very exciting to have a genuine 3rd option for desktops in Linux. I really expect System76 to do an excellent job with this.

Leave a comment:

• cend
    replied
    All the apps labelled "IntelliJ IDEA Community" in the (mockup?) pic:

- GitHub Desktop
    - Sublime Text
    - Godot Editor
    - Atom

Leave a comment:

• slagiewka
    replied
    Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
    Excited for this. I'm hoping the theming extends to QT apps eventually.

Leave a comment:

• SpyroRyder
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post

Indeed, no cosmic-viewer nor cosmic-monitor repo on their github yet. I guess they want to polish their existing apps and libcosmic before jumping on the next ones. I think cosmic-player will not be a prio though.
    Their aim is to get a good working product out but not to be a perfect product from day 1. Gnome and KDE have had 20 odd years to build all these features, Cosmic looks good but you just cant expect it to be fully feature compatible. I personally am eager to try out the finished product, though whenever it ends up hitting Fedora.

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    Excited for this. I'm hoping the theming extends to QT apps eventually.

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied
    Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

Im not sure they have an image viewer yet, though cosmic-player might double as one when it's done.
    Indeed, no cosmic-viewer nor cosmic-monitor repo on their github yet. I guess they want to polish their existing apps and libcosmic before jumping on the next ones. I think cosmic-player will not be a prio though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X