X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

He just likes to troll people here. Not sure why everyone keeps feeding him.
    So having an opinion different than yours is "trolling"?
    Last edited by sophisticles; 21 April 2024, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by pharmasolin View Post
    Was pop_os not available for download for free? People could buy a hardware and install their tweaked Ubuntu for years.
    Exactly.

How many potential customers do you think they have lost because they allowed the public to do this?

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by rmfx View Post
    This sophisticules​ guy really has mental issue or what. Every S76 news, he's shitting on their business model. What's his problem ?
    Show me where I "shit" on their business model in this thread.

I said that I hope for their sake COSMIC is released in perfect operating condition and I said that i hope releasing it as GPL'd code won't hurt their business, but that I believed it would.

I was asked for reasons why I believed this and I stated them.

I think their business model is no business model at all, I think it's based on pie in the sky reasoning that will exposed as flawed once COSMIC is released.

If I am wrong, then so be it.

But i don't think I am.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by DumbFsck View Post
    The way you describe it makes it seem like IBM, dell and HP (for example) shouldn't ever be able to sell their thinkcentres and mini, tiny, micro systems, their clients will just buy off the shelf parts and barebones NUCs (that don't exist, sort of, but there are options from amd and even still Intel just without the branding). And yet there they are, raking in billions.
    IBM, Dell and HP do not have the option of going to their website and downloading the Os that is preinstalled on their offerings for free.

This companies sold primarily Windows machines for years and Windows isn't free.

Moreover, these three companies have name recognition that people trust and due to their large size, they can scale support across large organizations.

System76 is a small operation that builds overpriced computers featuring a legally free OS that you can download right from their website.

Very different.

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    This sophisticules​ guy really has mental issue or what. Every S76 news, he's shitting on their business model. What's his problem ?
    watch out for his illegal activity he spread links to hacked servers who then attack the phoronix.com forum users if they click in the link.

Leave a comment:

• Julien Bear
    replied
    System76 wants to make money with hardware. They are developing an in-house design laptop, which could finally be an 100% Linux-Laptop without OEM-Parts dedicated to Windows, but to Linux, showing its pros. That would be similar to Apple. Hackintoshes aren’t a competitor either. And no one would use Pop_OS without Updates. And licensing software itself in the Open Source World doesnt make sense. Even Canonical fell on its nose with its contribution license.

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    He's just a troll. He pretends to be super anti-FOSS and pro proprietary models. He claims Microsoft Windows is the best thing ever made, and nobody should ever make free software. People keep replying to him, so he keeps posting. His arguments don't make any sense because he doesn't actually believe them, he's literally just making shit up on the spot.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    He just likes to troll people here. Not sure why everyone keeps feeding him.

Leave a comment:

• pharmasolin
    replied
    Was pop_os not available for download for free? People could buy a hardware and install their tweaked Ubuntu for years.

Leave a comment:

• rmfx
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X