Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabbb
    replied
    VLC and especially VLC on Linux has many -unfixable- quirks, I'm so happy that I found mpv to replace it. It's just much more reliable without a single thing that bothers me after figuring out configuration. (there are sane defaults)
    Last edited by Gabbb; 19 April 2024, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by pong View Post
    Which of these player CLIs / UIs support volume limiting / compressing easily?
    I use this mpv setting :

af=lavfi="alimiter=10:1:1:50:8000:1:1"

(in $HOME/.config/mpv/mpv.conf)

Leave a comment:

• ipsirc
    replied
    Originally posted by plandream View Post

Is it worth it to fill a bug report for some ancient codecs?
    Yes, of course!!! mpv should be the best media player in the world - Including an ancient codec should not be an obstacle.

Leave a comment:

• Rovano
    replied
    Which of these player CLIs / UIs support volume limiting / compressing easily? And / or is there lately some easy way to do that with the overall sound system pipewire, whatever?

The last I recall from years ago the nominal solution seemed to be messing with ladspa plugins / configurations for PA or some such thing
    which seemed a bit excessively intricate for what should be a common UI setting.
    Limiter, compressor, convolver, equalizer and auto volume and many other plugins for PipeWire applications - wwmm/easyeffects
    Last edited by Rovano; 19 April 2024, 07:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• plandream
    replied
    Originally posted by ipsirc View Post

Fill a bugreport asap!
    Is it worth it to fill a bug report for some ancient codecs?

Leave a comment:

• ipsirc
    replied
    Which of these player CLIs / UIs support volume limiting / compressing easily? A
    You can use any ffmpeg filter with mpv. There are ready-to-use scripts already:
    acompressor - Dynamic range compressor using acompressor ffmpeg filter with controls to dynamically adjust parameters.
    drcbox - Dynamic Audio Normalizer filter with visual feedback.

Look more scripts at https://github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

Leave a comment:

• ipsirc
    replied
    Originally posted by plandream View Post

There are still some ancient files that won't work on mpv. Only reason I have vlc installed.
    Fill a bugreport asap!

Leave a comment:

• pong
    replied
    Which of these player CLIs / UIs support volume limiting / compressing easily? And / or is there lately some easy way to do that with the overall sound system pipewire, whatever?

The last I recall from years ago the nominal solution seemed to be messing with ladspa plugins / configurations for PA or some such thing
    which seemed a bit excessively intricate for what should be a common UI setting.

Leave a comment:

• stqn
    replied
    Originally posted by murlakatamenka View Post
    Huh, nobody mentioned awesome mpv-uosc (uosc as in micro OSC, micro On-Screen Controller)
    Didn’t know about it, seems nice! I might try that or smplayer again. Mostly need a gui just to be able to load subtitles, everything else I need I can do with keyboard shortcuts. The timeline thumnails/preview of uosc is nice though.

Leave a comment:

• murlakatamenka
    replied
    Huh, nobody mentioned awesome mpv-uosc (uosc as in micro OSC, micro On-Screen Controller):

---

Other than that sure, SMPlayer is great, I've used it on Шindoшs back in the days. It even has a specific touch-friendly mode or interface iirc. Easy recommendation for proper, full-featured click-and-clack MPV for anyone.
    Last edited by murlakatamenka; 18 April 2024, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X