GNOME Improving Integration With systemd-homed, Mockups For An OS Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

At work I also have to use Windows. TBH gnome is far ahead of new features. Batch renaming of multiple files? windows no, gnome sure (ok its nautilus i now but it is shipped with gnome and belongs to the gnome experience). Multiple workspace handling + proper tilling (gnome + auttotilling) yes. windows nai...

Im almost considering that you are a troll or you have never really used a most recent Gnome environment.
    the official windows powertoys has a lot of goodies. it gives you batch renaming of files. I do wish they were shipped. Also windows handles work spaces fine too now, mix it with komebri and you have a pretty good experience.

Comment

I just wondered how Linux would be, with a Windows 11 desktop environment. This shows that comparing a desktop environment (here GNOME) does not make sense to compare against an entire operating systems (here Windows). It's like comparing KDE vs FreeBSD.

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

At work I also have to use Windows. TBH gnome is far ahead of new features. Batch renaming of multiple files? windows no, gnome sure (ok its nautilus i now but it is shipped with gnome and belongs to the gnome experience). Multiple workspace handling + proper tilling (gnome + auttotilling) yes. windows nai...

Im almost considering that you are a troll or you have never really used a most recent Gnome environment.
        I use Gnome on a daily base, and Nautilus was crippled first e.g. the split view was removed, so bad example of progression.
        I remember the early days, or shall I say the early decade, of Gnome 3 and i know how messed up the experience was. KDE since 4, too. I dont know how people can ignore this.
        I mean real features like high resolution support which took a long time in Linux Space. Speech to text and vice versa? No. And now we have AI-support on windows desktop, which will never take shape on Linux desktops in the next 10 years. No one cares about tiling, but you surely can add it with 3.party software. Like in gnome, where you can add JavaScript-addons which break with every major update.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post

It has -everything- to do with Gnome... Gnome 3's entire philosophy was derived from it....
          LOL. Uh, no.

Comment

Working...
          X