KDE 4.3.0 Desktop Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This release rocks! Congrats kde team.
    Kde is even better than windows 7 interface!

Comment

Mmm KDE4Live with RC1 was probably my favorite distro for quite a while now I've just discovered the joys of Pardus which has to be the best implementation of KDE 4x that I've come across. Unfortunately I would love some 4.3 action instead.

Any advice about the easiest way to get a nice 4.3 distro easily? i.e, which good distro is likely to implement this first and which current distro would be easiest to upgrade to 4.3.

Thanks all! Major respect to all the developers, they've been doing such a good job. I must be one of the few that switched from GNOME to KDE *because* of all the 4.xx innovations (4.1 onwards anyway).

Comment

My Gentoo system is currently upgrading to it. Let's see if it's worth all the fuss

Comment

Kubuntu may not be the best KDE distro out there (I really hate the default settings), but the Kubuntu team releases packages on the same day there's a KDE update. I just finished upgrading to KDE 4.3 a few hours ago.

Originally posted by Rahux View Post
          Mmm KDE4Live with RC1 was probably my favorite distro for quite a while now I've just discovered the joys of Pardus which has to be the best implementation of KDE 4x that I've come across. Unfortunately I would love some 4.3 action instead.

Any advice about the easiest way to get a nice 4.3 distro easily? i.e, which good distro is likely to implement this first and which current distro would be easiest to upgrade to 4.3.

Thanks all! Major respect to all the developers, they've been doing such a good job. I must be one of the few that switched from GNOME to KDE *because* of all the 4.xx innovations (4.1 onwards anyway).

Comment

I regularly compile trunk anf like it very much.
            I finally got to set up one Plasma activity per virtual desktop : it's really very good and should be the default in my opinion.
            This way I have appropriate widgets per virtual desktop, allowing to use each one for a specific purpose, with its own apps and widgets.
            Very very good!

Comment

I switched from Kubuntu to Mandriva recently. They already have packages for KDE 4.3 for their two last stable versions (2009 Spring and 2009). And in my opinion their integration of KDE is better then in Kubuntu. openSUSE is also usually quick to update to latest KDE. And I've just tried Pardus 2009 a couple of days ago and I'm quite impressed.

Oh and BTW, you are not alone in switching from GNOME to KDE because of KDE 4. Two of my school mates did the same and appears that KDE 4 is something that might finally concience my sister to switch from Windows to Linux. She was already tempted when I showed her KDE 4.2 on my laptop. I guess now she will do it when I show her KDE 4.3

Comment

l33f3r will test short time.

l33f3r love you long time.

- if all the hype is well deserved i will report back :P.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsiolkovsky View Post
                  I switched from Kubuntu to Mandriva recently. They already have packages for KDE 4.3 for their two last stable versions (2009 Spring and 2009). And in my opinion their integration of KDE is better then in Kubuntu. openSUSE is also usually quick to update to latest KDE. And I've just tried Pardus 2009 a couple of days ago and I'm quite impressed.

Oh and BTW, you are not alone in switching from GNOME to KDE because of KDE 4. Two of my school mates did the same and appears that KDE 4 is something that might finally concience my sister to switch from Windows to Linux. She was already tempted when I showed her KDE 4.2 on my laptop. I guess now she will do it when I show her KDE 4.3
                  There's something that just didn't sit right with me about Mandrive. SUSE I quite like but Pardus blew me away. Don't suppose if you guys know if Pardus will be updated with 4.3 or not? And whether it's likely to be soon?

As for Kubuntu.. It doesn't even feel like a distro, it feels like it has no identity at all, no character. Do Kubuntu devs add anything to stock KDE?

Comment

Do Kubuntu devs add anything to stock KDE?
                    See here :

Quite a lot ...

Comment

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                      I stand corrected I suppose - I'll try and give it another shot with Karmic but out of the few times I've tried it, it always struck me as rather slow and lacking in character. Having said that, I'm not a developer so this is not to diss the kubuntu devs, probably more of a resource issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X