Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0 Ready For Release Next Week, Plasma 6.1 Seeing Early Feature Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehansin
    replied
    Congratulations to Nate and all the KDE team on the upcoming release! I have never been a regular KDE users, though have played with it some. I have a Fedora 39 install on a laptop that I am going to wipe in the next couple/few months. If I can find a Copr or whatever, I will install KDE 6 onto this before wiping and give it a test run. Good to know what is out there, good to have options. Happy for everyone to see the efforts of all their hard work come to fruition!

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    I've been running KDE 6 from git since the beta, can't believe how much better the wayland experience is compared to Plasma 5, the last few niggles lie with Chromium not working well under wayland and SMplayer not migrating to Qt6 yet (but at least the Qt5 version works great under wayland using gpu-next)
    It is pointless for SMPlayer to migrate to Qt6 because it uses X11 embedding to spawn mpv process and display video inside its window. So simply saying, it works under XWayland. After long search I switched to QMPlay2 which uses libmpv directly and works perfectly under Wayland with Vulkan backend and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• jeisom
    replied
    I didn't even think to realize that the apostrophe may be an issue in naming. I usually have an apostrophe in the name of my iPhone and iPad. Just the boring "NAME's iPhone X". On the other hand my pc's and other devices usually get actual names like Luna for example. I like my iPhone/iPad, but obviously look at those differently. More like tools than my other devices which I enjoy tinkering with and using more.

Leave a comment:

• FireBurn
    replied
    I've been running KDE 6 from git since the beta, can't believe how much better the wayland experience is compared to Plasma 5, the last few niggles lie with Chromium not working well under wayland and SMplayer not migrating to Qt6 yet (but at least the Qt5 version works great under wayland using gpu-next)

Leave a comment:

• KDE Plasma 6.0 Ready For Release Next Week, Plasma 6.1 Seeing Early Feature Work

Phoronix: KDE Plasma 6.0 Ready For Release Next Week, Plasma 6.1 Seeing Early Feature Work

It's hard to believe we are already just down to a few days left before the release of Plasma 6.0 next week alongside KDE Frameworks 6 and KDE Gear apps ported over to the Qt6 toolkit. KDE Plasma 6.0 is pretty much primed for release while already fixes are beginning for Plasma 6.0.1 as well as early feature work underway for Plasma 6.1...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X