Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE Plasma 6.0 Ready For Release Next Week, Plasma 6.1 Seeing Early Feature Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jeisom
    replied
    Originally posted by jeisom View Post

I hate to break it to you, but the first 1080p monitors came out around 20 years ago.

edit: Num of years
    That is for more common LCDs. CRTs supported that resolution in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• jeisom
    replied
    Originally posted by user1 View Post

If I had a higher resolution monitor, of course I would've probably wanted to use fractional scaling. I don't know what kind of a rock you live under, but 1080p monitor is not "decade old hardware". It's still the most widely used resolution and 1080p monitors are still being manufactured.
    I hate to break it to you, but the first 1080p monitors came out around 20 years ago.

edit: Num of years
    Last edited by jeisom; 24 February 2024, 02:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

Neon Testing Edition, I guess.
    I looked at OpenSuse Krypton, but that seemed a bit too messy. Also it's not on 6.0, it's already on 6.1-git... Perhaps it will come to Tumbleweed very soon.

Leave a comment:

• mrg666
    replied
    KDE project did this development in a remarkable way. Right on the time it was scheduled, and at a very good quality, based on my testing, for a .0 release. Congratulations! ... and Thank you! of course

Just a small request if anybody reading, please make the kdsrc-build smoother.
    - Some of the libraries are not respecting local QT6 builds, still searching for system installs, although it is configured in the config file (e.g. gpgme, kwin)
    - Enable no-X11 option
    - Documentation about build options are incomplete and unclear
    - Packaging as a single mega package to run from /opt

Leave a comment:

• mrg666
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post
    What's the easiest way to try the release candidate right now?
    Neon Testing Edition, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    What's the easiest way to try the release candidate right now?

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by DumbFsck View Post
    ngrahamthere's sort of a typo and pet peeve of mine in the first item under bug fixes.

According to Phill Schiller you shouldn't write "an iPhone", it should be just "iPhone". You can still use the "an" if after what apple people consider a proper noun you write the category they belong to.

So the correct way of writing that should be "an iPhone phone".

I say it is a pet peeve of mine because it is the stupidest thing ever. So I make a point to point it out as often as I can.

For example, up until recently I always had two iPhone phones. I always pluralised it "correctly", saying stuff like "two iPhone phones" or "my iPhone phones" every time. It is absolutely ugly and dumb.

Being ex-apple I expected the same from nate.
    Would you also say "I have a Ford Taurus SHO car" or would you say "I have a Ford Taurus SHO"?

Leave a comment:

• Daktyl198
    replied
    Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

Yes, "i don't use it", as every GNOMie says.
    It's flawless when you are on decade old hardware and "just don't use" things that everybody in the modern world with 4k screen considers as basic.

The problem with that mindset is that you imply that it is ready for use. Ready to be shipped. Ready for everyone to use. Even if it is clearly not, because it is missing crucial things that everybody expects from modern software.
    What...? 1080p monitors are still the vast majority of monitors that exist in the world. They're cheap, look good if they're IPS, and are easier to drive at high framerates. 1080p is not "decade old hardware" as it's still outselling every other resolution of monitor. And even after that, 1440p is the second most common monitor type, and it doesn't require fractional scaling for most people, the obvious exception being those with vision impairments.

My main monitor is a Samsung 1440p beast with every bell and whistle you can think of, but my 2nd monitor is still an IPS 1080p 60hz screen that I bought in 2009 because it still looks and works great.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    uosc is also not bad a UI for mpv.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
    I've been running KDE 6 from git since the beta, can't believe how much better the wayland experience is compared to Plasma 5, the last few niggles lie with Chromium not working well under wayland and SMplayer not migrating to Qt6 yet (but at least the Qt5 version works great under wayland using gpu-next)
    Chromium doesn't run well under Wayland on Plasma 5 either in my experience. It usually takes a couple of starts before it renders everything fine.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 24 February 2024, 12:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X